cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone using their Blispay as their primary card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone using their Blispay as their primary card?

Gotcha, so no one will know if you carry a high utilization.  The downside I suppose is that your overall credit isn't increased if it isn't reported.

Message 41 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha, so no one will know if you carry a high utilization.  The downside I suppose is that your overall credit isn't increased if it isn't reported.

Exactly so other lenders wouldn't be freaked out if you carry say 5k out of a 5.5k limit for example at 0% apr for 6 months.  That is the benefit of hidden.  Not so good for people that want a CL to help their utilization meaning they want it to report to pad their credit  to lower their utilization and plan on paying it off each month.  Hidden TL's are for people IMO with established credit and tend to benefit them more.

Message 42 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Understood.  And with this card, it makes sense as the key purpose and reason that most would get this card is with intentions of carrying balances for 5-6 months at a clip on occasion. 

I wonder if Blispay does plan on starting to report at some point, or if they'll stick with their lack of reporting.

Are there any other CC companies out there that don't report and/or any that started out not reporting but eventually did start reporting?  Just looking for past info/data that could help predict the future of Blispay's practices in this area.

Message 43 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

i went to buy a new recliner and was getting ready to pull out my amex plat, then realized wait...2% cash back and 0% interest!

Message 44 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Understood.  And with this card, it makes sense as the key purpose and reason that most would get this card is with intentions of carrying balances for 5-6 months at a clip on occasion. 

I wonder if Blispay does plan on starting to report at some point, or if they'll stick with their lack of reporting.

Are there any other CC companies out there that don't report and/or any that started out not reporting but eventually did start reporting?  Just looking for past info/data that could help predict the future of Blispay's practices in this area.

Paypal Credit (formerly BillMeLater) does not report - never has. Some of the founders of Blispay worked for (or founded) Paypal / BillMeLater.

Diners Club did not report for years, but started reporting recently.

Message 45 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Most recent one I can think of is Diner's club.. Didn't report the first year approx. then started to report for whatever reason.  Also most business credit cards don't report to personal credit such as my Amex Simply Cash, etc.

Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.