cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone was requested by Citi to sign auth form for IRS?

tag
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Anyone was requested by Citi to sign auth form for IRS?

that's what they did to me for measily thank you preferred card. I told them to go to hell, as it's clearly not worth it. Im sure there  are tons of other banks who would issue credit card to me without that kind of hassle

BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Re: Pls help!! Losing my mind over waiting for Citi's decision

I don't see why they would. I think you'll be fine. Also started out w/ Citi and had to confirm my college enrollment over the phoneand sending them that stuff.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for a Citi student card they gave me the same message. I called them up and they just wanted some more information to verify my indentity. 

They won't pull your credit report again.

Message 3 of 8
orestrus
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot guys, keeping my fingers crossed.. So far no answear as of yet..
BofA 5k, Cap 1 Journey 300, Cap 1 QS1 300, Walmart 6k,
Amex BCE 2000, Amex PRG, Amex Delta Gold 2k, Macy's 5k, Bloomies 6k, Amazon 6k, JCP 5k Macy's Amex 1.5k,
Message 4 of 8
Berk
Established Contributor

Relax, take a deep breath, and go to Starbucks ffor a cofffee. it isn't like they take you out and shoot you if you get denied. Look at applying for your first card a lot like Christmas morning when you were a kid. If you got what you wanted you were so exicted that you couldn't control youreslf. If you didn't oh well. Sure dissappointment but not the sense of impending doom that I am getting from your post.

Relax, Chill, Practice your breathing excercises.

Message 5 of 8
abhowmick18
Valued Member

Just take a deep breath and relax. Since its your first time with CC they'll probably accept you after they've done the paper work on their end and start you off with a low limit. Just be smart with how you use it. Keep utilization less than 30% and pay off your bill in full each month. You'll be good!

Message 6 of 8
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone was requested by Citi to sign auth form for IRS?

@orestrus wrote:

that's what they did to me for measily thank you preferred card. I told them to go to hell, as it's clearly not worth it. Im sure there  are tons of other banks who would issue credit card to me without that kind of hassle

Citi is starting to become the new AMEX in that they request taxes as verification of income. Your choice to do business.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 7 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Anyone was requested by Citi to sign auth form for IRS?

@14Fiesta wrote:

@orestrus wrote:

Citi is starting to become the new AMEX in that they request taxes as verification of income. Your choice to do business.

Right, but doing it at app time makes sense.   Some of the angst against Amex seems to come from the few who have opened a number of Amex cards in a short amount of time and then get FRd almost immediately.   They then ask, reasonably enough IMO, why did you accept me if you now have those questions.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.