cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with Palladium card or Chase/JPM private bank experience?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Anyone with Palladium card or Chase/JPM private bank experience?

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my parents interested in the Palladium card and they had some questions about the card and the banking relationship with Chase Private Client. Hopefully some people on this forum might be able to share their expertise on the subject.

Is it possible to get the card without opening up a private banking account if you express interest in the possibility of doing so? Once you have an account, how can you go about getting the card and could you get the AF waived? Can you keep the card account after you end your banking relationship? Do you have to turn in the card when the card account is cancelled? Finally, does Chase Private Client let you do self-directed IRA stock portfolios and will that count towards the minimum average balance requirement? Thank you all!

OP, I don't know for certain, but I would hazard a guess that the Palladium card is one of those where,

if you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Based on the questions posed, it sounds like a stretch goal.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my parents interested in the Palladium card and they had some questions about the card and the banking relationship with Chase Private Client. Hopefully some people on this forum might be able to share their expertise on the subject.

Is it possible to get the card without opening up a private banking account if you express interest in the possibility of doing so? Once you have an account, how can you go about getting the card and could you get the AF waived? Can you keep the card account after you end your banking relationship? Do you have to turn in the card when the card account is cancelled? Finally, does Chase Private Client let you do self-directed IRA stock portfolios and will that count towards the minimum average balance requirement? Thank you all!

OP, I don't know for certain, but I would hazard a guess that the Palladium card is one of those where,

It's definitely not possible for me personally, but not a big stretch for my parents. Not exactly sure how you are concluding that from my questions. Besides, the Chase Private Client minimum is $250,000, and while that is a lot of money, it's nowhere near a ridiculous amount to have saved or in investements. The JPMorgan Private Bank minimum net worth of $25 million is where you might start to say "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." But no matter how much money you have, moving $250,000 to a bank is no simple thing and knowing in what form it needs to be is very important. Basically, I introduced them to a bank because I'd love to be an AU on a Palladium and they wanted to know about the bank and the card before they do business. Seems reasonable to me.

To others, yeah, the benefits aren't too special, but it's still a really cool looking card I'd drool over and love to have in my wallet.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I can afford it.

Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 19
dilettante
Established Contributor

I've had a good experience with Chase Private Client.  The bankers at my branch are very nice and helpful but it's just another no fee bank for me.  I also bank with Wells Fargo and just opened up a CitiGold and like those, too, for parking liquid cash.  

Why not just get the Ritz if you want a "cool looking card".  I think I've posted this many times when people ask about what it takes to get this heavy metal card, but again, the Ritz is just as heavy and gets the same reaction as the Palladium (I have both so it's been my experience), comes in a bigger and IMO, better presentation, the CS from the Ritz group can be better sometimes than the Palladium's, and you don't have to park money at Chase, and is easy to get with a decent CR (so you can get your own card).

Hope, you get whichever cool looking card you want though Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 19
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's definitely not possible for me personally, but not a big stretch for my parents. Not exactly sure how you are concluding that from my questions. Besides, the Chase Private Client minimum is $250,000, and while that is a lot of money, it's nowhere near a ridiculous amount to have saved or in investements. The JPMorgan Private Bank minimum net worth of $25 million is where you might start to say "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." But no matter how much money you have, moving $250,000 to a bank is no simple thing and knowing in what form it needs to be is very important. Basically, I introduced them to a bank because I'd love to be an AU on a Palladium and they wanted to know about the bank and the card before they do business. Seems reasonable to me.

To others, yeah, the benefits aren't too special, but it's still a really cool looking card I'd drool over and love to have in my wallet.

My take on those questions is, "how can I get a Palladium card without all the messy bank relationship stuff". In other words, can a Palladium be a regular credit card?

It's not meant to diss your parents, but if they aren't looking at the Palladium for the benefits it can give them, it seems like a big jump to leverage their banking activity so you can get a card in your wallet.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dilettante wrote:

I've had a good experience with Chase Private Client.  The bankers at my branch are very nice and helpful but it's just another no fee bank for me.  I also bank with Wells Fargo and just opened up a CitiGold and like those, too, for parking liquid cash.  

Why not just get the Ritz if you want a "cool looking card".  I think I've posted this many times when people ask about what it takes to get this heavy metal card, but again, the Ritz is just as heavy and gets the same reaction as the Palladium (I have both so it's been my experience), comes in a bigger and IMO, better presentation, the CS from the Ritz group can be better sometimes than the Palladium's, and you don't have to park money at Chase, and is easy to get with a decent CR (so you can get your own card).

+1.. The Palladium is not all that.  The Ritz is much much better..

Message 16 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

+1 

Ritz card is easily attainable, offers a killer sign up bonus, $300 in airline incidental/calendar year, loungeclub, marriott/ritz gold with 10k spend after first year, plat with 75k Smiley Tongue 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

+1 

Ritz card is easily attainable, offers a killer sign up bonus, $300 in airline incidental/calendar year, loungeclub, marriott/ritz gold with 10k spend after first year, plat with 75k Smiley Tongue 

Easily attainable? Smiley Tongue

Let's review the variety of scores approved. I'd say you at least need to be able to get a CSP before a Ritz-Carlton is in your sights.

Message 18 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@dilettante wrote:

+1 

Easily attainable? Smiley Tongue

Let's review the variety of scores approved. I'd say you at least need to be able to get a CSP before a Ritz-Carlton is in your sights.

I'd say it's fairly easier to attain the palladium. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.