cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone with reporting issues for Macys/Bloomies?

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Anyone with reporting issues for Macys/Bloomies?

Do any of you show "closed" for your DSNB (MAcys or Bloomies) accounts on EQ? I confess I haven't been studying the posts on here so maybe it has been discussed. But I just checked via CCT and it said "closed" for my Bloomingdales charge and my Macys charge. Macys was last used in the past 6 months and still has a balance so I hope it isn't closed. I last used Bloomingdales over a year ago and would not be surprised if they closed it (frankly wouldn't care either).

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone with reporting issues for Macy's/Bloomies?

@llecs wrote:

Do any of you show "closed" for your DSNB (MAcys or Bloomies) accounts on EQ? I confess I haven't been studying the posts on here so maybe it has been discussed. But I just checked via CCT and it said "closed" for my Bloomingdales charge and my Macys charge. Macys was last used in the past 6 months and still has a balance so I hope it isn't closed. I last used Bloomingdales over a year ago and would not be surprised if they closed it (frankly wouldn't care either).

My Macy's AMEX and Store Account was closed also, So I called and its just because they are giving you a new card and new account number.....

Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:

My Macy's AMEX and Store Account was closed also, So I called and its just because they are giving you a new card and new account number.....

Again???

They'd better show the original opening date and history. Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I guess. I am at my anniversary. I still have the same Bloomies as I did 4 yrs ago though. Macys changed from Red to Elite (?) and back again a couple of times. I'll update if anything significant. BTW, EX and TU report fine, but as of 8/2 they all reported open so there could be some ongoing updates.

Message 4 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

Macy's is reporting as closed on both EQ and EX according to Creditsecure.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@score_building wrote:

Was it always like that? Or did something change recently?

Message 6 of 8
score_building
Senior Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@score_building wrote:

Was it always like that? Or did something change recently?

No this must be relatively recent...generally use it about a 1/2 dozen times a yr in an attempt to keep it reporting.  Must admit have become more lax about usage, since they stopped reporting limits but just checked and I have a purchase for a family friend's newborn in March of this year, if not mistaken Macy's closing an account prior to 6 months of non use would be somewhat unusual in the absence of bad credit behavior.  Macy's online account looks normal, can see my statement from July, no indication that it has been closed at their site.

Will probably either try to make a purchase, call to try to confirm acct status, or both. I don't really care much about the account the way they do things now but am still kinda hoping they will stop this nonsense of forcing cardholders to commit to a purchase at their own peril/ no limit deal.  Thanks for this post or it may've slipped by unoticed for a while longer.   

Nordstrom, by comparson 1. offers true ugrades to visa w/o reporting new acct 2. reports limts, even on siggies (though some may not want CL reported) 3. significantly more consumer friendly terms and conditions. Also I used to like the free alterations, no longer offered by Macy's. Regardless, I will, for now at least, likely try to keep it reporting as 'open' if possible just for old times sake...like HTSU said just have to hope they don't report a new account and take a swipe at AAoA when this apparent reporting glitch gets straigtened out Smiley Happy 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked and my Macy's (store) card is still reporting open.

They update about the 13th of each month, so I'll check to see what it looks like after they update in a few days.

ETA:   I just pulled out my card and checked the expiration date.  It's 9/11, so it'll be interesting to see what happens between now and the end of next month.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.