cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anypoint about having both a Amazon store card and a Walmart store card?

tag
fdrfan54
Frequent Contributor

Anypoint about having both a Amazon store card and a Walmart store card?

?

Newegg Card $1200| Amazon Card $1000| Walmart Card $1100| Discover IT Card $1500 Current Fico score is 672 currently Gardening for the time being. Been a member of the Garden since 11-21-17 Planning to stay until Mid-2019.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anypoint about having both a Amazon store card and a Walmart store card?

They both can be beneficial in their own way.  You just have to decide if they're a match for your spending.  At one time I had them both and used them both regularly in very different ways.  Amazon for all those things you just can't find locally and lots of gift card purchases before I had rebuilt with majors credit cards.  My Walmart card didn't get much use at Walmart itself saw lots of heavy use at Sam's Club and for fuel at Sam's Club as well...and again, before I qualified for better major cards.  

Message 2 of 6
Moneyklutz
Frequent Contributor

Sure... 5% back on Amazon purchases and 3% back on Walmart online or 1% in-store.

Both have their purpose if you shop at each establishment.

Message 3 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@fdrfan54 wrote:

?

I had both at one point.   The feature I liked most about Walmart's store card was cash-over...very handy.   For Amazon, my favorite feature was (and still is) the special financing for purchases over $150.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

As long as you shop at both, certainly there's a point! If you don't shop there, there's really no point in having their card, though. There could even be justification for having both the Chase and Synchrony Amazon cards, but I do love the way that Synchrony makes it easy to use the 5% back or special financing offers at the same time without paying interest. (Many cards will lose their grace period when taking advantage of promotional financing so new purchases accrue interest immediately - not the Amazon card.)

Message 5 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@fdrfan54 wrote:

?

I had both at one point.   The feature I liked most about Walmart's store card was cash-over...very handy.   For Amazon, my favorite feature was (and still is) the special financing for purchases over $150.   

+1 on Walmart's quickcash feature. Very underrated IMO.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.