Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything I can do? (US BANK)

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Anything I can do? (US BANK)

@iMacDrew wrote:

ive never had any experience with US bank till apping, the Cash+ seemed awesome, it was my fault because I should have paid more attention to detail but theyve left a bad taste in my mouth. this is similar to my very first credit card with just a higher cl. As far as banks go overall i never plan on considering them again. Citi sure, BofA sure, Chase def. but US Bank just got BLACKLISTED!Smiley Wink

It is obviously your right to but why would you never consider them again? You got denied the card you wanted but you still got a card. Using it will indeed show them how you handle your account and could open the gates to get the Cash+ later on. Having other cards with limits of over 5000 does not mean that another lender will for sure give you one as well. I do not know anything about your credit profile but maybe you had inquiries or recent open accounts? Anyway, I would not let one denial keep me from doing business with a bank.

Message 11 of 17
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

In my recent experience you can PC to cash +. I have the Flex Perks cash rewards.  I have had the  card for 2 years now. Along story short  I went to my US bank branch talked with a banker who tried to PC my exisiting account. The banker was not able to also called to confirm that their was not a way to do this. So I applied for the Cash + card  I got with a  higher credit limit than my existing card. For what ever its worth the banker I talked to looked at my credit limit and came with in 10 to 15 points of may FICO score.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 12 of 17
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

In my recent experience you can PC to cash +. I have the Flex Perks cash rewards.  I have had the  card for 2 years now. Along story short  I went to my US bank branch talked with a banker who tried to PC my exisiting account. The banker was not able to also called to confirm that their was not a way to do this. So I applied for the Cash + card  I got with a  higher credit limit than my existing card. For what ever its worth the banker I talked to looked at my credit limit and came with in 10 to 15 points of may FICO score.

difference is that you have had the card a while vs being just approved like the others.  Also, your score seems quite a bit higher than the others.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 13 of 17
surfnspy
Contributor

@iMac...

"US Bank just got BLACKLISTED!:smileywink:"

Daaaaamn!

I like it!  Smiley Happy

EX: 750 (05/2015) | EQ: 765 (5/2015) | TU: 765 (5/2015)

Barclays World MasterCard CL: $19K
Capital One MasterCard CL: $3.9K (sock drawer)
CHASE Sapphire Preferred Visa Sig CL: $20K
JPM Ritz Carlton Visa Sig CL: $20K
Inquiries: 1 (EX) 0 (TU) 0 (EQ)
Message 14 of 17
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@iMacDrew wrote:

ive never had any experience with US bank till apping, the Cash+ seemed awesome, it was my fault because I should have paid more attention to detail but theyve left a bad taste in my mouth. this is similar to my very first credit card with just a higher cl. As far as banks go overall i never plan on considering them again. Citi sure, BofA sure, Chase def. but US Bank just got BLACKLISTED!Smiley Wink

It is obviously your right to but why would you never consider them again? You got denied the card you wanted but you still got a card. Using it will indeed show them how you handle your account and could open the gates to get the Cash+ later on. Having other cards with limits of over 5000 does not mean that another lender will for sure give you one as well. I do not know anything about your credit profile but maybe you had inquiries or recent open accounts? Anyway, I would not let one denial keep me from doing business with a bank.

Well first impressions are a big deal to me and theirs wasnt so great. I found the csr to be a little rude and stubborn, she also seemed like she didnt understand the simple questions I asked her. Simple ones like how soon before I can make a PC. She told me I couldnt. I believed her so that right there made me think of US bank to be sub par. I understand using the card will establish history, but really I appd for cash+ for the my bills not for my daily spender. I rather not take away usage from my other cards with better rewards just to give US Bank a warm fuzzy feeling because I swiped their card. 

all that being said though, I spoke with a CSR today in the Retention Department as i was going to cancel and she seemed very knowledgable and concerned. She told me that they would pull my report on file, and see if i can be bumped to the Visa Sig minimum of 5k and I can Ask to do a PC after 30 days which isnt too bad. I may just use it to buy random things on base that dont show as groceries, gas or department stores.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 15 of 17
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

@Crashem

I think was not too clear I had the old card. I had to apply for the new card I could not PC the old to Cash+

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 16 of 17
tboy1977
Regular Contributor

+1

I agree.  Let it age.

Starting scores: EQ 420, EX 421, TU 405 (Jan 2011)
Bk Ch 7 Discharged Mar 2011
Current scores: Julty 2019: TU - 655, EX - 619, EQ - 640
FICO Dream Scores: EQ 700+, EX 700+, TU 700+

Credit accounts: 22% APR auto loan (Mar 2017), Secured [Coke (4000), Discover (1000)], Unsecured [CreditOne $1500, Walmart $150, Target $200], World Finance: $1500, Courtesy Finance: $700, Speedy Finance: $1200 (charged-off)
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.