Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anything else i should do credit wise?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything else i should do credit wise?

So im looking at all my credit cards using my CreditKarma account since its pretty cool going to one website to view all account activities without logging into each bank website. Anyways do you guys think i should change anything thus far?

What card should i only allow to show up a balance? Or any advice from the pic that you'd advise me to do to improve my credit score? http://d.pr/i/8mTO

I also just did a $1,000 payment to Discover after posting this thread so the BL it shows there will change once some new charges post. probably around $500 in balance by tomorrow for the Discover card.

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Anything else i should do credit wise?

I would have Discover/BoA/QF/Capital One be the one to post a balance. With Chase if you post one sometimes they update it when you get to 0. Home Depot/Wal-Mart -- never carry a balance with these unless it's a promotional balance since the rates are usually atrocious.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for you're advice.

For Discover/BoA/WF/Capital One should i only let one card report a balance per month? or is letting all 4 report a balance each month ok? of course only reporting under $100 since i dont want to hurt my credit with high utilization.

Message 3 of 4
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you very much for you're advice.

For Discover/BoA/WF/Capital One should i only let one card report a balance per month? or is letting all 4 report a balance each month ok? of course only reporting under $100 since i dont want to hurt my credit with high utilization.

Better to let only one report a balance that is 1-9% for optimal scoring. However, one doesn't have to live in optimal scoring land all the time! It's difficult to micromanage all of your balances each month -- no one has that much time/attention really unless one is incredibly OCD. Smiley Wink 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Frequently-Requested-Threads/td-p/19320

This is a GREAT thread that includes links to a lot of very informative posts. If you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. Smiley Happy GL!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.