Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apologies to our board members

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Apologies to our board members

As many of you know, there has been a poster on here that has been less than helpful, downright bad.  The mods have been trying to control this, there have been IP bans but they are changing IPs and since it is on a network that involves many members, it is impossible to do an across the board ban without affecting multiple legitimate members of our boards.

Please accept our apologies while we deal with this person.  

Thank you,

Shogun, myFICO moderator.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Apologies to our board members

Thank you for the status update.

The hard work of the site moderators is always appreciated!

Webby

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 38
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Thank you and good luck staying on top.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 3 of 38
rm3
Regular Contributor

Thank you moderators!

Message 4 of 38
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Thanks, Shogun. You guys have a hard job and are doing great. Removing t----a's toxic threads (threats) has been a good idea.

I don't know the ins and outs of bans, but if all of t----a's IP addresses have been within one network, is there any possibility of getting the admins of that network to kick her off?

P.S. Not expecting you to respond. I know that the more you say publicly about how you're handling this mess, the more hints she gets as to how to circumvent your bans. Good luck. I'm sure all the sane people here know you're doing all you can.

Message 5 of 38
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thanks mods!!! You guys do great here!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 38
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, Thanks for always working hard to make this a comfortable place for everyone. I have been a member of another non fico forum that had a massive amount of trolls that would attack new members for even welcoming themselves and the nasty filth they spewed from their mouths made me never want to return again even though I enjoyed the topics of the forum. I like the comfortable atmosphere of this forum and I appreciate you all working hard to keep it that way.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 7 of 38
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Thank you Mods!!! You are doing a great job!!

*8/10/13
Message 8 of 38
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Thank you Shogun! 

We all need to remember to not reply when they pop up again and to simply use the report to moderator option. I can't speak for the mods but I can assume that if we leave the trolls alone (ignore) and report they can do their best to keep the house in order. 

Message 9 of 38
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I should add something related to that the other other non fico forum I was talking about. You had to essentially become a troll to be accepted. The better your troll like comments were, the more you were accepted. So I thank you for catching each troll one at a time so that doesn't get out of control...for example, an evasion.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.