Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Addiction (AA Meeting)

tag
dodfire
Valued Contributor

App Addiction (AA Meeting)

Hello, my name is Bobby and I am an addict.

Ok so I was suppose to be in the GARDEN as of 2/20/13 but I gave into my temptations with NFCU.

I had already had the Cash Rewards card but I wanted the Flagship so bad I could already feel it in my wallet.

So, today I committed the garden "SIN" and applied.....

Result: Approved!!!!!

Ok I feel much better getting that off of my chest, now I can hardly contain myself waiting for the arrival of my new card.

This time I really am going to the garden....

GOAL: 1 year!!!!

*8/10/13
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: App Addiction (AA Meeting)

Shaking my head!

congrats on the approval .  I will see you in the garden. 

Message 2 of 20
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

Shaking my head!

Thanks... Smiley Happy 

I really do think I have a problem and need a support group to kick this habit. It is worse than drugs I think!!!

*8/10/13
Message 3 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@dodfire wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Shaking my head!

Thanks... Smiley Happy 

I really do think I have a problem and need a support group to kick this habit. It is worse than drugs I think!!!

I think that's what the Garden Club is for ...Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 20
CreditAce
New Contributor

Those of us on here are at least a little more credit obsessed than the average consumer. It doesn't help the trigger finger to see everyone else getting approved day in and day out. What keeps me from apping when I get the urge is to reflect on how far I've come in my credit journey. My scores have steadily risen, I have the prime cards I want, and those cards have much higher limits than when I started out. As trite as it may sound I like to remind myself that building good credit is a marathon not a race.

Message 5 of 20
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I have SEVERE app addiction, even though I know 99% that I am going to be declined, I must apply lol just in case I get that 1% approval.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 6 of 20
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@CreditAce wrote:

Those of us on here are at least a little more credit obsessed than the average consumer. It doesn't help the trigger finger to see everyone else getting approved day in and day out. What keeps me from apping when I get the urge is to reflect on how far I've come in my credit journey. My scores have steadily risen, I have the prime cards I want, and those cards have much higher limits than when I started out. As trite as it may sound I like to remind myself that building good credit is a marathon not a race.

You are correct....I think that with what I have I can sit back for a little while. The only other card that I REALLY want is the CSP and I just got denied for that one a couple of weeks ago. I am going to let the ones I have age a bit more and next year try for the CSP again.

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ilovelisa wrote:

I have SEVERE app addiction, even though I know 99% that I am going to be declined, I must apply lol just in case I get that 1% approval.

Yes, ilovelisa- you really need a big bottle of Calamine lotion. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 20
dodfire
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

LOL Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Message 9 of 20
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Hi Bobby,
Considering that going off your sig, there are only one or two cards left for you to get,you will be in the garden soon....like it or not. Lol

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.