Valued Contributor
dodfire

App Addiction (AA Meeting)

Hello, my name is Bobby and I am an addict.

Ok so I was suppose to be in the GARDEN as of 2/20/13 but I gave into my temptations with NFCU.

I had already had the Cash Rewards card but I wanted the Flagship so bad I could already feel it in my wallet.

So, today I committed the garden "SIN" and applied.....

Result: Approved!!!!!

Ok I feel much better getting that off of my chest, now I can hardly contain myself waiting for the arrival of my new card.

This time I really am going to the garden....

GOAL: 1 year!!!!

*8/10/13
09Lexie

Re: App Addiction (AA Meeting)

Shaking my head!

congrats on the approval .  I will see you in the garden. 

Valued Contributor
dodfire

09Lexie wrote:

Shaking my head!

Thanks... :smileyhappy: 

I really do think I have a problem and need a support group to kick this habit. It is worse than drugs I think!!!

*8/10/13
09Lexie

dodfire wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

Shaking my head!

Thanks... :smileyhappy: 

I really do think I have a problem and need a support group to kick this habit. It is worse than drugs I think!!!

I think that's what the Garden Club is for ...:smileywink:

New Contributor
CreditAce

Those of us on here are at least a little more credit obsessed than the average consumer. It doesn't help the trigger finger to see everyone else getting approved day in and day out. What keeps me from apping when I get the urge is to reflect on how far I've come in my credit journey. My scores have steadily risen, I have the prime cards I want, and those cards have much higher limits than when I started out. As trite as it may sound I like to remind myself that building good credit is a marathon not a race.

Frequent Contributor
ilovelisa

I have SEVERE app addiction, even though I know 99% that I am going to be declined, I must apply lol just in case I get that 1% approval.

Valued Contributor
dodfire

CreditAce wrote:

Those of us on here are at least a little more credit obsessed than the average consumer. It doesn't help the trigger finger to see everyone else getting approved day in and day out. What keeps me from apping when I get the urge is to reflect on how far I've come in my credit journey. My scores have steadily risen, I have the prime cards I want, and those cards have much higher limits than when I started out. As trite as it may sound I like to remind myself that building good credit is a marathon not a race.

You are correct....I think that with what I have I can sit back for a little while. The only other card that I REALLY want is the CSP and I just got denied for that one a couple of weeks ago. I am going to let the ones I have age a bit more and next year try for the CSP again.

*8/10/13
09Lexie

ilovelisa wrote:

I have SEVERE app addiction, even though I know 99% that I am going to be declined, I must apply lol just in case I get that 1% approval.

Yes, ilovelisa- you really need a big bottle of Calamine lotion. :smileywink:

Valued Contributor
dodfire

ilovelisa wrote:

LOL :smileyhappy:

*8/10/13
Established Contributor
Pilotdude

Hi Bobby,
Considering that going off your sig, there are only one or two cards left for you to get,you will be in the garden soon....like it or not. Lol

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+