Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree 8/12

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree 8/12

Hello all,

Learned about this forum in late 07/12 and realized I was losing alot of money in potential cashback/rewards.

Had a Chase Continental MC 12k Limit and an Amex Blue for Students 2,400 limit both since 2006. Decided I wanted some better cashback/reward cards and the journey began:

07/12 Appd Discover More : Accepted 3k

07/12 Appd Barclays : Denied, Recon Accepted 5k

07/12 Appd Citi Forward : Denied, Recon Denied (reason: stated I had a collection on my credit report.... I thought like hell I do)

07/12 Dispute $133 collection with Experian confirmed

07/12 Dispute with company through BBB within 24 hours they replied stating they couldn't locate my account or confirm the debt ((duh, it's not mine)) so they said they would remove it from my credit report within 30 days

08/12 Checked all 3 credit monitors through the free annual credit report site and paid in full all cards except my new Barclays (think balance transfer)

08/12 Called Amex to inquire about changing my Amex Blue for Students (no AF, crappy rewards) into a Blue Cash Preferred - With my excellent history/payments I was instantly approved through their computer system ((will check later if got hard pulled))

08/12 Called Citi bank to alert them of my Experian error/dispute and it being resolved ((just faxed in documentation awaiting recon))

08/12 Applied for US Bank Cash + awaiting decision, will call tuesday/wednesday to get update

If I get approved for Citi Forward and US Bank Cash+ I'm going into the garden until late 2013 and will have most rewards categories covered

Cheers,

Ricardo

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: App Spree 8/12

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all,

Learned about this forum in late 07/12 and realized I was losing alot of money in potential cashback/rewards.

Had a Chase Continental MC 12k Limit and an Amex Blue for Students 2,400 limit both since 2006. Decided I wanted some better cashback/reward cards and the journey began:

07/12 Appd Discover More : Accepted 3k

07/12 Appd Barclays : Denied, Recon Accepted 5k

07/12 Appd Citi Forward : Denied, Recon Denied (reason: stated I had a collection on my credit report.... I thought like hell I do)

07/12 Dispute $133 collection with Experian confirmed

07/12 Dispute with company through BBB within 24 hours they replied stating they couldn't locate my account or confirm the debt ((duh, it's not mine)) so they said they would remove it from my credit report within 30 days

08/12 Checked all 3 credit monitors through the free annual credit report site and paid in full all cards except my new Barclays (think balance transfer)

08/12 Called Amex to inquire about changing my Amex Blue for Students (no AF, crappy rewards) into a Blue Cash Preferred - With my excellent history/payments I was instantly approved through their computer system ((will check later if got hard pulled))

08/12 Called Citi bank to alert them of my Experian error/dispute and it being resolved ((just faxed in documentation awaiting recon))

08/12 Applied for US Bank Cash + awaiting decision, will call tuesday/wednesday to get update

If I get approved for Citi Forward and US Bank Cash+ I'm going into the garden until late 2013 and will have most rewards categories covered

Cheers,

Ricardo

Welcome to the forums!!

Congrats on your success so far!

And good luck with Citi!! Gardening until late 2013 is a great idea as well!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Little Update:

08/21 Called American Express to ask for a Credit Increase on the BCP  ((which was just PC'ed from Blue for Students)) - Current Limit is 2.4k, never late, 90% always PIF

AMEX CLI Denied ... asked for 3x balance to 7,200 - Once denied asked if there was a counter offer for any amount .. CSR chuckled a bit I was like "what about 5k,

hmm 4k?, okay 3k? Denied, Denied, Denied.. heh  -- Will try again in a few months of using the BCP.

08/23 Approved for the US Bank Cash + Visa Signature 5k CL

08/23 Called Citi (regarding Citi Forward App) They received my updated credit report via fax but were still reviewing it's authenticity ... ((im bracing for that 2nd hard pull))

Guess off to searching about Amex CLI's .. The Garden can't come soon enough Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  Have you been using Amex and pif?  Also, was charge off on experian credit report?

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently learned to pay for stuff before the statment date, I was PIF all my cards after the statement hit, thinking that was the right way to do things. With that stated always PIF or pay at least 90+% of the AMEX for 5 years of history. They pulled TU according to the rep and said I had a low FICO score ((think she said 680's)) - The misreported collection was definitely deleted off all 3 reports because I pulled them on sat. 08/18. Guess I'll just wait and see - Score may have dropped because of balances reporting (statement dates) but I never pulled true FICO for TU, just FAKO.

Do we need to wait 6 months before asking for another CLI?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 7
Crashem
Valued Contributor

90 days from rejection.  New Charge off would definitely get your cli rejected.  Remember they will go off last soft pull they did for account review to determine cli.  You'll be fine in 90 days assuming no new negative surprises.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I must have never caught the definition of "charge off". A Charge Off is when a Collection comes off your report? Even though it was an invalid collection to begin with?

Ouch, but thanks for the 90 day advice - will mark my calendar and maybe ask for a little less next time around.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.