Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Reply
Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎02-23-2014
0 Kudos

App Spree After Effects

[ Edited ]

Well, I'm finally starting to see the after effects of my last app spree.  I started the spree with scores in the 770/760 range, and I know see my FICOs starting to fizzle out around the 720/730 range.  My latest app spree netted me the following 11 cards and limits in late Feb/early March:

 

AMEX Platinum: NPSL (fee waived for military)

USAA Rewards: 15k

USAA Max Rate: 16k

Chase Marriott Rewards Visa Signature: 12.5k

NFCU Flagship Rewards: 25k

Barclay Rewards: 4k

Logix: 15k

United Miliage Club through Chase: 8k (annual fee gets me United Lounge for less than I usually buy!!!)

Chase Ink (for my small business): 12k

Paypal: 3k

Walmart: $400

I also got an awesome CLI on my BankAmericard: 18k to 25k

Small bump on my Discover card: 3k to 5.5k

 

Now since the dust has settled, I have a ton of new cards in my wallet...a ton of new inquiries.  TBH, I'm actually quite glad that my FICO scores aren't dropping lower than the 720s for now...I think it's safe to say that I won't be apping anytime in the near or even not so near future.  However, in the 2-5 year range I may be looking at picking up a personal line of credit, potentially switch my Marriott card to the Ritz card (still not 100%), and maybe (very much a maybe) take out a loan for a timeshare.

 

Some of the good things that I got out of this spree:  Both the Marriott and United cards are extremely important to me (loyalty wise), NFCU credit limit at 25k (as well as the BoA increase to 25k), first business credit card for my LLC (won't show on my credit report though), my total credit available went up by about 120k, and the Logix Credit card gave me my best interest rate at 8.24% (even though I always PIF).  I was also able to bank $1,2050 in rewards from meeting the spend requirements.

 

I'm also seriously considering letting the wal-mart card close itself out for inactivity (havn't used this card, and I don't intend to)...I apped for this guy seriously to just have another discover card...but since they are switching to MC, I really see no point in actively trying to keep it open.

 

From those with experience, how long did you wait before your scores started increasing again? And how much, in your opinion, do you think my scores may increase--my goal is to join the 800 club within the next 5 years.


My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Established Contributor
Posts: 1,034
Registered: ‎03-09-2010
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects

You will probably regain most of the points lost over the next year but it may take longer to get back to where you were due to all of the new accounts. 800 will take awhile after opening 11 accounts.
Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎02-23-2014
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects

haha yeah...I need to calculate my AAoA post spree.  Before the spree I had 4 cards ranging from 6 years to 10 months in age.  Plus a couple of paid off auto/motorcycle loans...


My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Contributor
Posts: 118
Registered: ‎02-23-2014
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects

Oh yeah...AAoA took a dive from 2+years to 10 months.


mattmix36 wrote:

haha yeah...I need to calculate my AAoA post spree.  Before the spree I had 4 cards ranging from 6 years to 10 months in age.  Plus a couple of paid off auto/motorcycle loans...


 


My Wallet: AMEX Platinum | Citi AAdvantage Exec $20k | Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $12k | United MileagePlus Club 8k | FNBO $25k | Chase Military Officers Club $9k | Discover IT $5.5k | BankAmericard $30k | PENFED Platinum Cash Rewards $10.5k | Barclay Rewards $6.15k | USAA AMEX $15k | USAA MC $16k | NFCU Flagship Rewards $25k | Logix $15k | Chase Ink Cash $12k | Paypal MC $5k | Walmart Discover $5.4k | Chase Freedom $2k | Sallie Mae $2k | Target RedCard $300 | JP Morgan Ritz-Carlton Rewards $5k | BoA Alaska $1k

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,110
Registered: ‎04-03-2014
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects


mattmix36 wrote:

Well, I'm finally starting to see the after effects of my last app spree.  I started the spree with scores in the 770/760 range, and I know see my FICOs starting to fizzle out around the 720/730 range.  My latest app spree netted me the following 11 cards and limits in late Feb/early March:

 

AMEX Platinum: NPSL (fee waived for military)

USAA Rewards: 15k

USAA Max Rate: 16k

Chase Marriott Rewards Visa Signature: 12.5k

NFCU Flagship Rewards: 25k

Barclay Rewards: 4k

Logix: 15k

United Miliage Club through Chase: 8k (annual fee gets me United Lounge for less than I usually buy!!!)

Chase Ink (for my small business): 12k

Paypal: 3k

Walmart: $400

I also got an awesome CLI on my BankAmericard: 18k to 25k

Small bump on my Discover card: 3k to 5.5k

 

Now since the dust has settled, I have a ton of new cards in my wallet...a ton of new inquiries.  TBH, I'm actually quite glad that my FICO scores aren't dropping lower than the 720s for now...I think it's safe to say that I won't be apping anytime in the near or even not so near future.  However, in the 2-5 year range I may be looking at picking up a personal line of credit, potentially switch my Marriott card to the Ritz card (still not 100%), and maybe (very much a maybe) take out a loan for a timeshare.

 

Some of the good things that I got out of this spree:  Both the Marriott and United cards are extremely important to me (loyalty wise), NFCU credit limit at 25k (as well as the BoA increase to 25k), first business credit card for my LLC (won't show on my credit report though), my total credit available went up by about 120k, and the Logix Credit card gave me my best interest rate at 8.24% (even though I always PIF).  I was also able to bank $1,2050 in rewards from meeting the spend requirements.

 

I'm also seriously considering letting the wal-mart card close itself out for inactivity (havn't used this card, and I don't intend to)...I apped for this guy seriously to just have another discover card...but since they are switching to MC, I really see no point in actively trying to keep it open.

 

From those with experience, how long did you wait before your scores started increasing again? And how much, in your opinion, do you think my scores may increase--my goal is to join the 800 club within the next 5 years.


^^^^

Just keep on paying on time and at least the minimum and within 6 months or so you should see it trend higher, if you want a stronger jump, always Pay in Full

Credit Cards: AmEx Platinum (NPSL), Citi Prestige ($32K), Simmons ($5.5K), IberiaBank ($14K)
Personal Lines of Credit: U.S. Bank ($5K), Wells Fargo ($11.2K), Citibank ($11.8K), PenFed CU ($25K), LA Financial CU ($20K)
myFICO 3B Report (as of 4/30/16): Experian: Score 8: 786; Mortgage Score 2: 809 Equifax: Score 8: 801; Mortgage Score 5: 809 Transunion: Score 8: 796; Mortgage Score 4: 796
Jumbo Mortgage: 3.75%
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 275
Registered: ‎07-11-2013
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects

Congrats on the approvals, geez thats a lot of cards lol.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - American Express Blue Sky - Chase Freedom - - Chase Freedom Unlimited - BankAmericard Travel Rewards -

Walmart TU 823 (Most Recent) EX 807 EQ 810
Senior Contributor
Posts: 10,287
Registered: ‎09-24-2013
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects

congrats on your cards


Highlighted
Senior Contributor
Posts: 8,517
Registered: ‎06-05-2013
0 Kudos

Re: App Spree After Effects

[ Edited ]

mattmix36 wrote:

From those with experience, how long did you wait before your scores started increasing again? And how much, in your opinion, do you think my scores may increase--my goal is to join the 800 club within the next 5 years.


Time will vary with one's credit and the spree taken.  Neither are the same for everyone so you can't just assume that your recovery will be similar to another's.  We can't tell you how much your scores will increase or in what timeframe but with reponsible usage and maintenance you'll recover in time.

 


youdontkillmoney wrote:

Just keep on paying on time and at least the minimum


While minimums keep an account current one should always keep utilization in check.

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.