Established Member
dave0311

App Spree After Mortgage Funded

I'm currently in the process of buying a house, so I don't dare go on any credit card sites right now! But on settlement day, after the mortgage papers are signed, there are a few credit cards I want to apply for. I'm looking at the Citi Dividend Platinum Select, Chase Amazon, and maybe another Amex for backdating.

My question is, will all the inquiries I've gotten the past couple weeks affect my CC apps? My scores should still be high enough that I'll be able to qualify for all the cards, but I'm just not sure if having several inquiries within a couple weeks will hurt my chances of getting approved. Anyone ever get approvals after house shopping?

Also, does anyone know just how soon after I sign the mortgage papers would it be safe to start apping? Do banks do a soft pull after the mortgage is signed? I wouldn't think so, but I'm so paranoid about getting the mortgage right now!

Thanks!

Scores: 766 (as of 2/2014 - Discover) / 779 / 785 (as of 5/2013)
09Lexie

Re: App Spree After Mortgage Funded

[ Edited ]
Congrats on your impending closing. Depending on what state you are in, mortgage companies will pull a Tri merge right before the deed is recorded. Ie Ca is an escrow state so CR's and employment verification will be done the day of recording. Once your deed is recorded your are good to go.

As far as apping with your inq's your CSs are excellent so you should not have a problem but if you do, a recon to explain the inq's should suffice.

Good luck!
Frequent Contributor
unc0mm0n1

Congrats on the house.

Last App December 7, 2013. Gardening until May 20, 2014
Current Score: 720 EX 714 EQ 712 TU 12/10/2013Goal Score: 720 across the board
Mega Contributor
LS2982

unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Congrats on the house.

:smileyhappy:

Might be time for a lowes / HD card!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
NewtoCredit80

[ Edited ]
Congratulations on closing of your home.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Regular Contributor
cclee

I closed in March, had to buy a car the next week, so had quite a few inquires before even getting to new CC's, app'd 3 this week and was approved for all 3, going to garden now.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

dave0311 wrote:

I'm currently in the process of buying a house, so I don't dare go on any credit card sites right now! But on settlement day, after the mortgage papers are signed, there are a few credit cards I want to apply for. I'm looking at the Citi Dividend Platinum Select, Chase Amazon, and maybe another Amex for backdating.

My question is, will all the inquiries I've gotten the past couple weeks affect my CC apps? My scores should still be high enough that I'll be able to qualify for all the cards, but I'm just not sure if having several inquiries within a couple weeks will hurt my chances of getting approved. Anyone ever get approvals after house shopping?

Also, does anyone know just how soon after I sign the mortgage papers would it be safe to start apping? Do banks do a soft pull after the mortgage is signed? I wouldn't think so, but I'm so paranoid about getting the mortgage right now!

Thanks!

Congrats on a successful home process and once those papers are signed the bank can SP all they want but they don't so don't be paranoid you will be fine.

Find cards that best suit your lifestyle to go along with those nice cards you already have and whatever they don't cover.

Fill in the gaps

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Cap1 EO link below
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Capital+One+CEO+email+address+#seen
Last 5 apps 6/6/13
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud

Congrat to your new home...That's what im going to do when i first close my house ......

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Established Member
rg23

Congrats on the new home ..I was paranoid, I waited till I had keys in hand, then I hit best buy, lowes, and Ashley that afternoon. Approved for all, small amount but have grown since (August 12')

FICO EQ 684 TU08 729 EX08 FNBO 722
Regular Contributor
cclee

Just a warning, not all lenders do it, but mine did, they did a soft pull the day the mortgage funded but did warn me ahead of time that they would be doing it and not to apply for any new credit until it was completely done and funded.

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+