Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure†
10-04-2012 07:12 PM
Hi again, all!
Have a few questions regarding app spree's:
* Is there a preferred order to work though when doing spree's?
* Should I try and process CLI's on the same day?
* What about asking for new line's from companies you already have CC's with? Is this reccommended or discouraged? Before or after the CLI request?
I checked around and did not see an App Spree FAQ post (although my search button-fu could be failing me).
10-05-2012 04:15 AM
Your apps are going to show on your credit report immediately, so I would apply for the cards in order of how much you want each. Similarly with the CLIs, do them before or after the new apps, and do them in order as well!
10-05-2012 08:19 AM
My opinions inline...
* Is there a preferred order to work though when doing spree's? - Yes, there is. It depends on the cards you want. Always good to start from Most Valued (hard to get) cards to less valued (or) easy to obtain cards.
* Should I try and process CLI's on the same day? - Yes, it's better to process it on same day...once you done apping for your new cards.
*What about asking for new line's from companies you already have CC's with? Is this reccommended or discouraged? Before or after the CLI request? - Tricky question. I would app for new line. And, I will wait for few months to ask for CLI on the existing acc.
10-06-2012 09:13 PM
10-06-2012 09:18 PM
Inq's show up, it's the accounts that don't show up right away. Well sometimes they do but in my case Discover,Citi,Chase took a few days to start reporting so my AAOA hadn't taken that hit yet.
10-06-2012 09:23 PM
the incentive for app spree is that the inq all fall off or stop effecting your score the same day.
|Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15|
Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Earn Cash Back
|Amex Zync(Unicorn) |
Citi DC $10,000
Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more
FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.