Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree - Credit recovery mode!

tag
roniram
Regular Contributor

Re: App Spree - Credit recovery mode!

Latest update - after waiting almost a month from paying off all my CCs, I finally got an Experian update....and I'm up to 661.  Not bad...could be better, but I'll take it!  I hate to admit that this is the highest credit score I've ever had, but that's because I avoided credit cards for most of my life, and did not know about utilization so heavily affecting my scores. I'm waiting to see if Walmart TU also went up....had me at 616 as of last month.

I recently asked for luv button increases on Amazon, Walmart, and my Orchard Bank (Capital One) cards...all denied.  I did the after 4 month CLI increase request on the 2 GE cards, and I've had the Orchard Bank card for 3 years....but got the big automatic NO.  I'm going to try Capital One EO and Credit Solutions this week.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Starting Score: 6/1/13 TU 566 EXP 632 EQ 611
Current Score: 09/13/21 TU 726 EXP 717 EQ 718
Goal Score: 740 Across the Board
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 25
missjae
Established Contributor

GE and Capital One Sp's you every so often. They could have based the "no" off of an old sp. I think Credit Solutions will do a fresh pull. Cap1 EO may be able to help you as well.  Good luck!!

Message 22 of 25
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new TLs.  Gardening is best for the foreseeable future.

Message 23 of 25
roniram
Regular Contributor

Yes...I know.  I'm tempted, but I have been gardening.  Trying to wait until June of 2014.

Venture 10K /NFCU Platinum 6.6K /Amazon 6.6K/ Walmart 3.3K /Cap 1 QS1 1.65K /Cap 1 Platinum 1.15K /Show MC 1.1 /Amex BCE 1K /Chase Freedom 1K / NFCU Cash Rewards 500/
Message 24 of 25
roniram
Regular Contributor

Well, my latest update - good and bad.

The good...  I asked for a CLI on my two Capital Ones through EO.  I asked for $5K on both - which I did not expect.  They increased both to 1K.  I was hoping for more like 2K each, but I think they want to see what I'll do with these lines first.  The first card was an HSBC card I've had for 3 years..the other was a card I just received from Cap One in July.  I'll try again in a few months.

I did received a CLI on two "builder" cards I applied for before I learned about MyFico.  They are Blaze and Show Mastercards (ever heard of them?) They went from $350 each to $600 each after they sent me a note to apply for a CLI by updating my income. I'm sock drawering them so they can help with my utilization %.

Finally...I made a big mistake with my Walmart card.  I paid it off last month on the 9th, not realizing that I had some pending charges.  Also did not realize my Autopay was turned off.  So, I asked for a CLI...when I was already 2 days late on a remaining balance.  So, I was instantly denied when I asked for the CLI, but didn't realize it until the next day.  So, I don't think Walmart will be granting me a CLI anytime soon.  Smiley Frustrated

Still rebuilding....credit is getting better day by day.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.