Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Levels

tag
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree Levels

I would agree that 3 apps at the same time would be considered a full spree.  My maximum app limit is 3 with good results.  Never have any recent (less than 6 months) inquiries on the CRA i have chosen.  Also do my research on what bureau is pulled for the creditor i have chosen.  Never more than 1 app per bureau.  I have never been denied using this method however YMMV!

Message 21 of 33
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I'm the exact opposite of the sprees, I can't get myself to app.  Smiley Sad

Here ya go Shogun, a little "Liquid Courage."

220x220_1235630487903-LiguidCourage3.jpg

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 33
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

All I currently have is 2 mortgages, one is 14 years old and gets paid off this spring(never late), other is just over a year old.(never late)   I have 5 paid off car loans (never late) and one current loan at 3% or so (never late). that has 1 1/2 years to go.  I have a Cap1 with 1k and a Walmart with $600.  I also have a couple of bank loans, paid off never late.   Had tons of baddies on my CR 2 years ago.  Recently got my last baddies off so report is clean.  Oldest account is 19 years,  AAoA is 9 years.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 23 of 33
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

All I currently have is 2 mortgages, one is 14 years old and gets paid off this spring(never late), other is just over a year old.(never late)   I have 5 paid off car loans (never late) and one current loan at 3% or so (never late). that has 1 1/2 years to go.  I have a Cap1 with 1k and a Walmart with $600.  I also have a couple of bank loans, paid off never late.   Had tons of baddies on my CR 2 years ago.  Recently got my last baddies off so report is clean.  Oldest account is 19 years,  AAoA is 9 years.

5 paid car loans? Can I have one? LMAO. I had a serious flashback to Oprah. YOU GET A CAR! YOU GET A CAR! YOU GET A CAR! Lolllz.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 24 of 33
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Wife didn't keep them long enough to break them in.  Then there's the son's. and mine.  No new ones for awhile now.   Thinking of buying the wife a new car for Christmas, but I'm so close to having everything except for one mortgage paid off.  I really like that idea!

July 2013 score:

Message 25 of 33
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Wife didn't keep them long enough to break them in.  Then there's the son's. and mine.  No new ones for awhile now.   Thinking of buying the wife a new car for Christmas, but I'm so close to having everything except for one mortgage paid off.  I really like that idea!

That would be nice Christmas gift! She'll be really happy about that!!

I'm still working up the courage to make that big leap and buy my own car. Don't know if I should go New or Used. Guess that's another topic tho.

Message 26 of 33
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've actually been thinking about leasing.  I've never leased before.  But I found a vehicle that interested me so I'm considering it.  But like I said, since cleaning up my credit, I'm afraid to use it.   Kind of like washing the car and leaving it in the garage to keep it from getting dirty.

July 2013 score:

Message 27 of 33
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

True. I have to get my scores back up to the mid 700s before I apply for a loan tho. I want to go with either Chase bank or a Credit union.

If there's a good deal with the lease and you don't see yourself sticking with the car you're looking at for the long haul, that would be a good choice. Lease allows you to get the required car maintenance and when it's over, you don't have to keep it. Or if you want to keep it...lease buy out!

Message 28 of 33
Imua
Frequent Contributor

my one app at the end of sept i consider to be a spree Smiley Surprised  (got the BofA CashRewards Visa Signature)

had no apps for almost 4 years, and didn't plan to app, but needed something for extra gas cash back since chase freedom doesn't cover gas this quarter

Message 29 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I would say my 6 apps this month has been an app spree, 3 apps I would say is a mini app spree.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.