cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results April, 2013 (BofA, Citi, and Chase)

tag
gmason
Contributor

Re: App Spree Results April, 2013 (BofA, Citi, and Chase)

CapOne EO was a simple email and no hard pull. They upped my 6 year old VISA to Signature, 2k credit limit increase, changed it to rewards. Simple email and they called back the next day. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. It seems odd that it requires an email to EO, since they are losing out on business that only goes through CSRs (who don't seem to able to do very much). But why not give EO a chance to improve your CapOne cards -- well worth the effort -- and my experience was pleasant. I don't plan to ever close my CapOne card after how they took care of me last week.

Message 11 of 15

@boomhower wrote:

Next time you decide to do some home improvement go to Lowes.  You'll likely get $10k with a quick recon from GE.  Congrats on the approvals, that's monster limit on BOA.  Take a look at some CU's to pick up a low interest rate card.  What Citi card did you go for?

Diamond Preferred. And you're right I should have gone wtih Lowes, I don't know what I was thinking.

Message 12 of 15

@gmason wrote:

CapOne EO was a simple email and no hard pull. They upped my 6 year old VISA to Signature, 2k credit limit increase, changed it to rewards. Simple email and they called back the next day. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience. It seems odd that it requires an email to EO, since they are losing out on business that only goes through CSRs (who don't seem to able to do very much). But why not give EO a chance to improve your CapOne cards -- well worth the effort -- and my experience was pleasant. I don't plan to ever close my CapOne card after how they took care of me last week.

Did you make specific requests in the email? Did they do a soft pull?

Message 13 of 15
mnosal9
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your M3!!! oh yea and the approvals Smiley Wink

Starting: 6/2012 : EX: 485(FAKO) EQ: 490(FICO) Trans: 482(FAKO)
Current : 4/2014: EX: 650(FICO) EQ: 664 (FICO) Trans: 681 (FICO)

Cards: NPSL Amex Green (AU), $11500 Discover IT, $4000 Quicksilver One, $3500 Bank of America Travel Rewards,$3000 Amex BCE,$3000 Quicksilver One, $3000 AA, $2500 Sallie Mae MC, $5000 Citibank AA, $1500 Barclay, $1200 Macys
~Back to the Garden~

Goal Score: 700 Across!

Gardening til 8/2014!!
Message 14 of 15
gmason
Contributor

@thepriceisright wrote:

@gmason wrote:

Did you make specific requests in the email? Did they do a soft pull?

Yes, I sent a pleasant email with following:

Name, address, etc.

Acct ending in [last 4 digits]

How long I've had the card

Exactly what I wanted: rewards, cli (asked for 2x but got $2k, which was enough)

Explicitly stated that I did not approve of hard pull

Within 24 hours, I got a call back from EO to go over requests. Within 3 days, CLI and changed to rewards.

I've been monitoring credit reports daily. There were no hard pulls. If they're going off an old soft pull, my credit has improved dramatically over last 2 weeks, so that may explain the smallish cli, but it was plenty good enough and I'm happy.

Very pleased with the service. EO called back after everything was done and asked if I was happy. Definitely said yes.

[Edit] on the soft pulls question, I see CapOne softing on a regular basis when I pull complete reports. But regular reports require dispute or cost, so I haven't looked at full reports since March, but I know that they probably have an SP from March.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.