cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results (Establishing Credit/Limited History)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Results (Establishing Credit/Limited History)

About me: mid 20s, only 1 secured CC which I opened November 2011 with Wells Fargo. First month reported is December 2011 so it's been reporting for 7 months. No other credit aside from that. Limit is $4,000 and balance of $900. I don't know my FICO scores yet.

1) American Express Zync - approved NPSL

2) Wells Fargo Visa unsecured - declined (even asked for reconsideration because I bank with them; no go)

3) Discover More $2K Limit approved

4) Bloomingdale's declined (insufficient history)

5) Associated Bank Visa (via Elan) $6K Limit approved (originally $1K but I asked for recon after finding out approval)

6) Chase Freedom - initially declined but after reconsideration they approved me with a $500 limit.

Thought I'd share my app spree experience for those like me who have limited credit history.

I guess it's time to garden!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
learnin113
Established Contributor

Re: App Spree Results (Establishing Credit/Limited History)

Nice start!

Message 2 of 9
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

youve got some great cards now. i would be a little irretated that wells fargo didnt approve me seeing they have 4,000 of my own money

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 3 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@rootpooty wrote:

youve got some great cards now. i would be a little irretated that wells fargo didnt approve me seeing they have 4,000 of my own money

Nah, this one's expected for so many reasons regarding secured cards, not the least of which WF is pretty conservative Smiley Wink

The Amex / Discover / Chase approvals though are completely excellent, congrats OP!

        
Message 4 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

That is great... so much nicer to see people get started with nice limits by using a secured card with a hefty deposit... Otherwise you might be stuck with limits less than 1k for 2 yrs or more.

I think you've done nicely!  we have a seat waiting for you in the garden club if you're so inclined Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 9
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Wells Fargo always decline me too, even though I bank with them and have over 50K in their money market account! Seriously considering transferring my business to USAA and NFCU.

Message 6 of 9
ready13
New Contributor

That's great same thing with me they offered me an opened credit line which they screwed up on declining me for another persons report then resubmitted that and a wells Fargo unsecured which was due at their 1yr.mark of my secured 300-to 1000 credit line which they - Declined it has 0balance as well as the vs card I got at same time and raised by 500 dollars ..... So I called---- they said I had not enough money in my bank this and that with the 1000 I have I will get my credit lines I put my 1000 to establish for and pull out the 1000 immediately as my holder for my other venture I have to invest in . I'll leave it opened to my advantage of course but I am not a very happy camper with them lucky for them their name looks good on my cards or I'd start doing this with chase as I bank with them as well. Smiley Sad crancky but got 5000 on GE and seeing about gold Amex as they stopped recieving anymore zync new accounts and the barclays ring master card as well as some type of store cards to finalize my mix of credit lines to begin history for mortgage stuff to begin to kick in ... Thinking of barclays apple bloomingdales Amex or pottery barn kids , not sure yet I also like the Sony card and the abercrombie am a big fan of their clothing.????Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 9
sonson
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new Credit Lines

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 9
Leadberry
Established Contributor

ready13, you may want to check out the dates on posts before replying.  Smiley Wink

FICO Scores 800+
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.