Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results Since Mortgage

tag
MrChairman
Established Contributor

App Spree Results Since Mortgage

8/1: Called Discover for CLI. Asked for $8k increase but was granted 5k. Total limit is $8k now.

Citi: Denied online. Attempted recon and still denied.

Best Buy: Applied online was only granted $600. I already had an account through Best Buy with the max limit of $600. I closed the new account since rep said only 1 acct per person

Sleepy's: $1500 limit. Wanted to purchse Tempurpedic from here but not enough credit. Will be closing this account.

Tempurpedic: $9k limit. 

BofA: Applied online, denied. Called backdoor number. Rep asked me about a few things on my reports. Was signature approved by Credit Analyst for 5k on Cash Rewards card.

Amex Blue: Applied online and denied. No recon possible.

All my scores are high 600's. I think the reasons I was denied because my UTI is about 40% and I have tons of inqs. About 15 are scheduled to fall off this year but I don't see myself applying for any credit within the next 2 years.

Since I have over 10k in new credit, I will be closing the following cards since they are low limit and always deny me for a CLI.

Cap 1: Limit $1500. First rebuilder card

Citi: 1200 limit

Chase: 1500 limit

Gap: $400 limit. Can't remember the last time I used this card.

I will be in the garden for a while now

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: App Spree Results Since Mortgage

@MrChairman wrote:

8/1: Called Discover for CLI. Asked for $8k increase but was granted 5k. Total limit is $8k now.

Citi: Denied online. Attempted recon and still denied.

Best Buy: Applied online was only granted $600. I already had an account through Best Buy with the max limit of $600. I closed the new account since rep said only 1 acct per person

Sleepy's: $1500 limit. Wanted to purchse Tempurpedic from here but not enough credit. Will be closing this account.

Tempurpedic: $9k limit. 

BofA: Applied online, denied. Called backdoor number. Rep asked me about a few things on my reports. Was signature approved by Credit Analyst for 5k on Cash Rewards card.

Amex Blue: Applied online and denied. No recon possible.

All my scores are high 600's. I think the reasons I was denied because my UTI is about 40% and I have tons of inqs. About 15 are scheduled to fall off this year but I don't see myself applying for any credit within the next 2 years.

Since I have over 10k in new credit, I will be closing the following cards since they are low limit and always deny me for a CLI.

Cap 1: Limit $1500. First rebuilder card

Citi: 1200 limit

Chase: 1500 limit

Gap: $400 limit. Can't remember the last time I used this card.

I will be in the garden for a while now

Congrats on the new mortgage and cards 

WTG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 3
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree Results Since Mortgage

Great job on getting some new credit. Now take care of the debt before it starts getting much worse, and head on over to the garden. Try for a gold spade, and then see if you can get even farther!!!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.