Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Results!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree Results!

Just wanted to share my results of my app spree that I went on this month.

AMEX BCE - Denied

Citibank  ThankYou - Denied

BankAmericard Cash Reward - Approved 2K (after a phonecall from a rep)

Chase Freedom - Approved 3k

Discover More - Approved 1.2k

I was actually suprised that I got approved for anything having about 70% utilization and a fico of 668 (Equifax). Unfortunetaly the one I wanted the most was the BCE but unfortunately wasn't approved even though I have an AMEX Plat -___- but I'm laying low for at least 12 months before I apply for it again. 3/5 isn't so bad right? lol

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Chadsnana
Valued Member

Re: App Spree Results!

Congrats! I think that Citibank is tightening up on credit so that isn't really a suprise. I am new to this App Spree. I worry about having too many inq. Would you give me a few pointers? Thanks.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Yeah, I probably wouldn't recommend it but I wanted to open more accounts due to only having 3 open accounts and such a low credit limit across those cards. I think my score took like a 15 point hit. 

Message 3 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Amex likes to see low utilization. Word of advice: pay down balances before reapplying.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, that's my main priority. As well as taking care of these new additions. Hopefully I can break 700 by then.

Message 5 of 21
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good luck!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 21
Chadsnana
Valued Member

Thanks for your reply. I am in the same situation. I only had 3 cards with a $6,000 limit total so I have been on an app spree.Since I do not put everyday purchases on my CC I really do not need a lot of credit but it hurts my utilization rate when I do put a major purchase on them. Occasionally, I will purchase something and put it on the card so that the company does not cancel my card due to a lack of use. My husband had 3 companies cancel his cards for non-use.Same thing happened to my inlaws. I have been applying because I want to have more credit availabitly. I am willing to take a short-term ding to get it. I hope to cancel some cards that require an annual fee at some point but I have to apply for new ones first.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea pretty much identical situations. I am no credit expert by far but I don't see the harm of applying for 3 or 4 cards with good rewards. I feel like the benefit of the higher credit limit out weighs the temporarly hit to your score. Just my opinion though. As far as those AFs... my Amex Plat is due this billing cycle. Looking at $625 due to the authorized users on the account. Thinking long and hard whether I should renew it.

Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:
Good luck!

Thanks!!

Message 9 of 21
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Awesome app spree! Not bad results at all! Smiley Very Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.