Did you mean: 

App Spree Results

tag
chadwick
New Contributor

App Spree Results

I went all out on a full app spree. Here's the results:

Denied

American Express Green - received letter saying I was denied because my EX FICO score is 625. didn't bother with recon as I heard they won't.

Denied + Recon

Citi Simplicity - denied due to limited credit history and CO showing. none of the backdoor numbers got me anywhere, so I shot an email to their executive team. got a callback the next morning but missed the call and person didn't leave a message. called # back, non-working #. googled and found out it was a citi # so I sent a 2nd request email. someone finally replied and said they forwarded my app to the credit dept and would contact me when she has an answer. she did call a few days later and said no again. slowest company to respond!

Barclays Travelocity Amex - denied due to CO showing and several inq's. called recon line and after I got the guy over the CO hump, he saw the inq's and said they couldn't approve because of that. wouldn't budge! sent emails to their EO as well but NO ONE has replied!

Discover IT Student - denied due to CO showing. recon # did no good. sent email to EO and got a callback several hours later. spoke to rep who asked me to explain the CO which I did, and I also asked her to pull a different report as the others (EX EQ) were clean. she said she didn't know if they could do that but would forward my app to their credit analyst for a second look. called back to tell me they did go ahead and pull another report EQ and that they could approve me for an account if I had a qualified co-applicant. turned that down! they sent a letter saying I could not be approved for an individual due to short credit history, utl too high and lack of recent loan information. fastest company to respond but double HP for nothing Smiley Sad

Approved
USAA Platinum Mastercard - app'd for the world mastercard but they approved me for this with $7k!

VWCU Gold Visa - asked for $7500 CL and they countered with $5k!

NFCU cashRewards - asked for $10000 CL and they countered with $7.5k!

NFCU Navcheck - asked for $7.5k and approved after a long "send us these documents" process.

Bank of America BankAmericard - denied due to CO. I shot an email to the higher ups and made my case. lady who called back was very nice, said she could see I'm trying to rebuild my credit and would try to get me approved. few days later she set up a call with a guy in their credit dept who asked some verification questions and then approved me for $5k! easiest recon!

Chase Sapphire Preferred - denied due to CO and # of recent inq's. called recon line and explained, got put on hold and guy came back and said he "got the credit aspect approved" and that I would just need to talk to their verification dept next week to finalize. Eventually approved for $5k!

Discover It - after applying for the Discover It Student card and getting denied 2x (plus 2 HPs), I decided to wait and clean up my TU report that caused the denial in the first place. Right on the 30 day mark I got the app itch and applied for the regular card. Applied online, got the 5-7 day message but I could call to speed up the process. I did, and they transferred me to a senior credit analyst who was semi-robotic but ended up approving for for $1.5k! I'm in!

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Spree Results

WOW @ possibly getting approved for CSP! Mind if I ask your score/income?

Congrats on all your recent successes!
Message 2 of 22
chadwick
New Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
@Anonymous @ possibly getting approved for CSP! Mind if I ask your score/income?

Congrats on all your recent successes!

Thanks! I was pleasantly surprised.

Income is $30k.

FICO scores: EX 625 EQ 646 TU 632

Message 3 of 22
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

wow you give me hope .... whats your AAOA and credit history like?

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 4 of 22
chadwick
New Contributor

@shaun2009 wrote:

wow you give me hope .... whats your AAOA and credit history like?

Depends which CRA we're looking at lol... from "pretty bad" to "great but limited"

Message 5 of 22
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

I'm shocked that CSP is even considering you with 625 exp score

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 6 of 22
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats and gl w csp Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 7 of 22
awiser
Regular Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I'm shocked that CSP is even considering you with 625 exp score

+1!

Message 8 of 22
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Nice CLs! Congrats

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 22
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approvals and hope you get the CSP!

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.