cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Strategy suggestions please! What would you do!

tag
Best2014

Re: App Spree Strategy suggestions please! What would you do!

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Best2014 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

1. you have a slate offer... where did this talk of freedom come in?

2. PLEASE go online and run the "Pre-Qual" that each of these banks have online... if you get offers, I feel they are more valid then what you get in the mail.

3. just apply, do BT AFTER you have been approved and know the limit.

yes, I got a Freedom offer as well. And they are the same on their website. But I keep trying to get someone to come up with something better than "apply for what you got"

I thought people here were into things like 2 browser applications, apply on cards with recon better chances, etc..

I could have easily just applied for all 3 offers I have received, but I am trying to maximize cards CL vs inquiries.

Anyone with the patience to read my first post and attempt to come up with a little more sophistication for a strategy? I will really appreciate it.. thanks!

Most of these posters read your whole post. You are trying to trick or cheat the system, and that rarely can work--if you're assuming that with two browsers, you can hit apply at the same time on both and the second one won't see the inq. You are in the wrong place if you think people are going to try and help you cheat the system. People are giving you solid advice. You are most likely going to get approved for cards you are pre qualified for--maximizing your cards vs inquiries, like you want. Then you turn your nose up at the obvious answer and ask for people to help you cheat....Classy.

WOW!! Take a CHILL PILL and do it FAST.. before you have a case of Forum Heart Burn..  What is it with you,? you work for a credit card company or something?

First, you should re-read my previous post before being so RUDE and calling me a cheater and Classy.

I stated I thought people were into more sophisticated stategies including ALSO applying for a card that had a better chance of reconsideration as well ETC.

The browser thing was another example of strategies I have read about, guess where, HERE ON THIS FORUM.

So, I think you should speak for YOURSELF and not the rest because it is clear that people on this forum are not cheaters are many are hoping to reduce the number of  inquiries that damage their scores just so they are able to get ahead on this terrible economy and I bet that they do not think of themselves as cheaters as you call them. Especially when it is them agains banks that have been truly cheating US citizens and using taxpayer money to be bailed out and then come ahead again even richer, THAT IS CHEATING. I think all agree on this.

Now . YOU look like a fool because if you weren't so fast to "judge" and call people names AND did a small amount of research on THIS FORUM, then you'd know that the browser trick is discussed extensively as a strategy to USE by members of THIS FORUM.

Why don't you go to their threads and let them know that they are Cheaters and also CLASSY? LOL....

Bottom line, you are RUDE.. stay out of my thread.

To the est of the people who chimed in with their advice I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! THANKS

Message 21 of 23
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

I don't understand really, you need the credit for some purchases because it's going to be upping your util? It doesn't really matter if you aren't applying for anything; FICO scores have no memory. 

I agree you should app for the pre-quals first...I'd go Citi then Chase...

Also, I think some mods need to look into this thread...just wow.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 22 of 23
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

This thread is locked and under moderator review.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.