Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree Strategy

tag
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

App Spree Strategy

Hi guys, I'm going on a difficult app spree later this week. Just closed on a new property, and heard that I should app before it starts reporting. My FICOs are in the high 600s and my credit profile is in my sig. These are the cards I'm interested in:

Citi AAdvantage: Have a 50k pre-selected letter in the mail. Was denied last year supposedly because my rent was too high as a % of income, but I have two settled chargeoffs with Citi from 5 years ago so I could easily just be blacklisted.

Chase Freedom: Settled chargeoff on a $700 limit Amazon card from over 5 years ago, could be blacklisted but haven't actually tried apping Chase.

Sallie Mae: Denied CLI on Barclaycard a few months ago due to "too much open credit on other cards"

What are my chances, and what order do you guys think I should app these in? Thanks!

After this spree I'm going to garden until January, so I guess I don't mind the inquiries even if I fail.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree Strategy

@Legen_dary wrote:

Hi guys, I'm going on a difficult app spree later this week. Just closed on a new property, and heard that I should app before it starts reporting. My FICOs are in the high 600s and my credit profile is in my sig. These are the cards I'm interested in:

Citi AAdvantage: Have a 50k pre-selected letter in the mail. Was denied last year supposedly because my rent was too high as a % of income, but I have two settled chargeoffs with Citi from 5 years ago so I could easily just be blacklisted.

Chase Freedom: Settled chargeoff on a $700 limit Amazon card from over 5 years ago, could be blacklisted but haven't actually tried apping Chase.

Sallie Mae: Denied CLI on Barclaycard a few months ago due to "too much open credit on other cards"

What are my chances, and what order do you guys think I should app these in? Thanks!

After this spree I'm going to garden until January, so I guess I don't mind the inquiries even if I fail.

Chase  and Citi will have you Blacklisted from my guess and Sallie mae may still reject you 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 2 of 6
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

7-10 days for all three. But probably because of my new address. Time to work the recon lines...

Message 3 of 6
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Since you already have cards with Chase and Barclays, I would go for these first.

Citi has a long memory, and high 600's may be a little low for the AA card so I would hold off until your scores are well into the 700's. 

Message 4 of 6
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

Got around to calling all three. Have to send in documentation to all of them to prove my new address, but it doesn't seem like I will be straight up rejected? We'll find out soon I suppose.

Message 5 of 6
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@Legen_dary wrote:

Got around to calling all three. Have to send in documentation to all of them to prove my new address, but it doesn't seem like I will be straight up rejected? We'll find out soon I suppose.

From what I know and had learned, if they are asking you any piece of information (be it SSN copy, Address, Utility Bill, etc.) generally it does not constitute rejection. Like in my case, they need SSN verification (not just SSN copy that you can fax them), I provided it and same day got approval. So it is safe to say that they may have made up their might to give you credit but wanted to verify your address. Share your experience when you get your approval. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.