Did you mean: 

App Spree - UPDATED!!!!!

tag
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree

@LS2982 wrote:

@romey050500 wrote:
Thanks everyone. I'm excited about this spree. I got the 5k limit with the csp. Penned also approved me for a 1.74% auto loan.

Impressive spree!!! Smiley Happy

+1...Congrats on some very awesome approvals!!! Cannot wait to get in with Penfed but still have a couple of baddies on my EQ that are due to fall off next year.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 21 of 37
red259
Super Contributor

Right now on my wish list is a CSP and Amex revolver. Is Penfed something I should strive for, especially when it comes to larger CLs? Are they good to have for overall credit health? How difficult is Penfed approval in comparison to the cards I mentioned? Just trying to come up with my longterm credit plan.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 37
MrCredit
Established Contributor

PenFed is a very conservative CU. I have stayed away from them being afraid of being denied. They look for low to mid 700s and are INQ sensitive. They are picky. Unless your CR is squeaky clean I wouldnt bother. They are also not BK friendly from what I understand.

Message 23 of 37
romey050500
New Contributor

I'm not sure what report Penfed pulled, but my scores are around 680, I do have a pretty thick credit report. I have 1 90 day late from 2010, and a few 30 day lates but squeaky clean since August 2011.

NFCU Flagship Visa 25k - Pentagon FCU Platinum Visa Signature 20k - USAA World MasterCard 10k - USAA American Express 10k - BoA 3, 2, 1 Card 10k - Southwest RR 8.5k - CSP 5k - Chase Freedom 2k - Discover It 2k - Barclay's Arrival 2.5k - NFCU Cash Rewards 2k - Military Star 5.8k - American Express BCP 2k - American Express PRG NPSL
Message 24 of 37
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@MrCredit wrote:

PenFed is a very conservative CU. I have stayed away from them being afraid of being denied. They look for low to mid 700s and are INQ sensitive. They are picky. Unless your CR is squeaky clean I wouldnt bother. They are also not BK friendly from what I understand.

they are. I applied for membership and after a day since i know they will use the same HP i tried my luck with their credit cards and was instantly denied. Reasons were for past deliquencies (my chargeoffs from 2007 of course) and INQ (8 in the last year at that time). They are generous with limits though. They strictly pull EQ like most credit unions.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 25 of 37
romey050500
New Contributor

I guess I already have the HP from BoA, I guess I'll call and recon since I already have the pull.

NFCU Flagship Visa 25k - Pentagon FCU Platinum Visa Signature 20k - USAA World MasterCard 10k - USAA American Express 10k - BoA 3, 2, 1 Card 10k - Southwest RR 8.5k - CSP 5k - Chase Freedom 2k - Discover It 2k - Barclay's Arrival 2.5k - NFCU Cash Rewards 2k - Military Star 5.8k - American Express BCP 2k - American Express PRG NPSL
Message 26 of 37
romey050500
New Contributor

BOA Approved 10k

Message 27 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

You list the Penfed Platinum Rewards.  Is this the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (as the old one seemed to disappear a few days ago).

Message 28 of 37
romey050500
New Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

You list the Penfed Platinum Rewards.  Is this the Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (as the old one seemed to disappear a few days ago).

Platinum Rewards Visa Signature. I edited the post.

Message 29 of 37
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@romey050500 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Platinum Rewards Visa Signature. I edited the post.

OK, so I guess it is really gone.   Just remember to use it stock up on gas before Oct 31!

Message 30 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.