Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree With Surprising Results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree With Surprising Results

Ok So I Went On This Crazy App Spree Like 25 Apps Or More And I've Had Some Surprising Results.  I Have Been Denied By All The Big Ones, Citi, HSBC (Best Buy) Discover, GEMB Fricking HATES ME!  But I Have Been Approved For 2 Cap1 Cards, Orchard, Credit1, FingerHut, Firestone and Macy's.  

Although It's Not Much I'm Actually Surprised That I've Been Approved For Anything, Let Alone These Many Accounts.  So Since There's Not Much I Haven't Already Applied For I Guess I'll Just Garden These Account And See What Happens

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree With Surprising Results

Congrats on the new cards. What's your score and do you have any baddies on your report?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok So I Went On This Crazy App Spree Like 25 Apps Or More And I've Had Some Surprising Results.  I Have Been Denied By All The Big Ones, Citi, HSBC (Best Buy) Discover, GEMB Fricking HATES ME!  But I Have Been Approved For 2 Cap1 Cards, Orchard, Credit1, FingerHut, Firestone and Macy's.  

Although It's Not Much I'm Actually Surprised That I've Been Approved For Anything, Let Alone These Many Accounts.  So Since There's Not Much I Haven't Already Applied For I Guess I'll Just Garden These Account And See What Happens

Thank you for sharing and congrats on being approved for some cards! By any chance do you know what your scores are?

Message 3 of 14
johnnie198x
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have a question, how did you get the habit of capitalize all the first letters? Did you use a special font (I know they have all cap font) or do you press shift every time?

AmEx Blue Cash Everyday - $1,100 - need CLI or will close
BankAmerica Cash Rewards - $10,000
Chase Freedom - $10,000
Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5,000
Chase Ink Bold - $5,000
Citi Platinum Select - $2,600
Discover More - $4,000
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Score's In the Low To Mid 500's, Plus I Have A 1 Year Old Foreclosure, A Couple Of Collections, Car Repo, A Few Charge Off's, So That's Why I'm So So Surprised At The Approvals.  I Do Wish GEMB Would Give Me Some Luv, They Issue Quite A Few Cards That I'm Interested In

Johnnie, I Shift My Caps As I Type Smiley Happy  It's An Old Habit

Message 5 of 14
suzook1
Frequent Contributor

With so many recent negative spots on your record, I hate to say it but an app spree was the LAST thing you should have done. I would have tried to get some of them removed and laid low for quite some time. While cap1 and Orchard might like you, I would bet your APR is sky high.

Sorry I know your happy and I am really not trying to poop on your parade but the credit carrot is too easy to nibble on when you recently just had such bad marks on your report. The 25 inq are only going to bring it lower

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Understand Where You're Coming From, But The Negative Stuff Is From A Divorce, Not Because I Can't Pay.  So The Idea Was To Re-Establish With As Many Accounts And Then Garden (Lay Low) Those Accounts.

So Even Though I Have All Those Inquires I Have A Few Accounts And Can Allow Those Inquires To Age And Drop Off.  I Do Appreciate Your Concern And Advise Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check the disclosures on the credit1. I hear their terms are beyond bad. Maybe want to consider straying away from them.
Message 8 of 14
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats on your cards.

You do capitalize every word when you start them. My OCD cant take it lol

Message 9 of 14
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

The influx of inquiries and new cards will definitely hurt your CR badly. However, as long as you don't keep on requesting any new card, you'll be toatally fine one year from now. All inquiries will be off your CR by that time.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.