Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree ack..

tag
Kman28

App Spree ack..

First time poster here!

I've been on a bit of an app spree and I'm pretty sure I'm going to regret it later! I know I'm going to have to sit in the garden for a while to recover! I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred card and was approved with a 5k limit. So I decided why not go ahead and take advantage of the Balace transfer perks on a Discover IT card (transfered from a high APR GM Mastercard that won't lower my APR!). So I cautiously filled out my application at was approved for 5k. The pull to apply for a Gold  Delta Skymiles card was too great as I am not currently a member of AMEX (Approved!). Good news is my utilization percent will go way down.  I'm sure I just killed my AAoA and the INQs will negate any positive impact. I just hope I can recover Smiley Indifferent

In the garden til: 10/14
Current FIC0 (9-20-13): EX: 719, EQ: 722, TU: 722
Goal:800+
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Re: App Spree ack..

Congrats on your spree!  You'll love the CSP, my current #1 everyday card.  I can't say much about the amex delta, but i'm sure it'll be awesome too!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 2 of 6
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum and congarts on the spree 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum and joining the Amex Family! Congratulations on a successful spree!
Message 4 of 6
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Chase Sapphire.

Hang out in the Garden and give your aaoa a break while you plot your next goal.

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 6
Kman28

Thanks for the warm welcome! So I don't know if it was karma or not but I get home and grab my mail and I have a you've been preselected mailers. I open it up and its for an American Express Green Card. Doh if only I had waited!

In the garden til: 10/14
Current FIC0 (9-20-13): EX: 719, EQ: 722, TU: 722
Goal:800+
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.