Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree advice (BOA, CHASE, CAPONE)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree advice (BOA, CHASE, CAPONE)

Hi all,

This month (hopefully), my wife and I will do an spree for her. The goal is getting more proper CCs in her portfolio and better limits for easier low UTIL and of course, long-term credit building. Her util was high for a while but we paid everything off (save for student loans) and working on baddies, which are sort of gone (see this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Getting-baddies-off-problems-MyFico-analysis/m...

Anyhow.. we're traveling a lot now, so we want a mix of good cash back/rewards CCs ands Travel Cards..When all the new PIF balances post she should have round 750 scores...

This is the plan:

Request CLI on BOA Cash Rewards CC (Currently 500).
Apply for AmeriCard Travel Rewards CC with same HP

Wait for the new cards, if approved to post, or not? Then:

Apply for Chase Freedom Unlimited CC
Apply for Chase Sapphire Preferred

Apply immediately after?

Apply for CapOne Venture 

What do you guys think? Any tips? For the travel cards we want no foreign transaction fees. And we'd really like to put her on Chase. If CapOne or Chase fail, then CITI Diamond Preferred. It's similar to my own app spree, which I consider a nice success: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Approvals/My-succesful-CR-spree/m-p/4804316 The CapOne Venture could be have been done later and perhaps I would have received a better limit... if my Chase Sapphire 12K was on my report already, for example.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
newhis
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree advice (BOA, CHASE, CAPONE)

Have you tried the Cap1 and Citi pre-quals?

As your credit history gets better, I see that Cap1 and Citi offer a lower APR and better cards.

My DW got pre-quals for low end cards and high APR last year, now she gets better cards and APR for both at 13.x%.

I think that helps making a decision. Good luck.

EDIT: for Chase, sometimes the welcome bonus is $300 for FU and 70,000 for CSP if you do it in branch, up from $150 and 50,000 online. Maybe it is targeted.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.