Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree concludes with a successful Barclays Recon

tag
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

App Spree concludes with a successful Barclays Recon

I posted over the weekend that I went on an app spree.  I apped for a USAA MasterCard, AmEx and Discover More.  I was declined for USAA but approved for Discover More and AmEx Zync.  On Sunday I apped for a Barclays Priceline Visa and was denied online.  Barclays pulled TU.  The reason Barclays gave me for the denial was too many inquiries (I only had 2), too short of a credit history (I have had a Cap One card for over a year with no lates and an 8 month car loan with no lates).  I called this morning for a recon.  I mentioned that I had just been approved for an AmEx and Discover Card and the rep, who was ultra friendly, asked me a few short questions after which they approved me for $1500 for the PriceLine Visa (now I get to look at Shat's mug everytime I open my wallet).  The rep specifically told me that Barclays likes to see charges PIF every statement or at least very low utilization.  He said that I was pretty much guaranteed a CLI if I just PIF every month.  I am literally on cloud nine.  Three great cards in one awesome weekend!  I’m done with apps.  I’m gardening heavily and the only thing I’m apping for is the mortgage in late spring.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree concludes with a successful Barclays Recon

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

What a great encouragement for the rest of us!

Message 2 of 6
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

Very interesting. I recently got denied for Discover, but got approved with Citi and AMEX...recons were unsucessful. I was wondering if it would help or hurt to tell them I just got approved for two other cards. 

Apparently it helped you. I may call back and mention this..

Photobucket
Message 3 of 6
Elated
Contributor

Congratulations on your success jasimae!! Smiley Happy

If you don't mind my asking, what are your FICO Scores?

Message 4 of 6
jasimae
Frequent Contributor

My scores are:  FICO TU 653; FICO EQ 649 (was 659 but it immediately took a hit with the AmEx and Discover inquiries but will soon boost up once the accounts post) and EX (USAA FAKO) 628 or 629 (cant remember).  So clearly, my scores aren't the greatest, but I think it was just my time.  And I'm gonna baby these cards like there's no tomorrow.

Message 5 of 6
Elated
Contributor

I hear you there...your scores aren't really all that bad though...mine are EQ 680 and TU 674, I don't know my Experian Score.

Thank you for the update, this gives me a glimmer of hope. Maybe I can obtain some of the prime cards soon (after the closing of my home in January)Smiley Happy

Again, congratulations to you!Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.