cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

Congrats. I'd be surprised if GE actually did a HP. Recon Freedom and I'll see you in the garden
Message 11 of 25
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Certainly recon the Freedom, I'd say you have an excellent shot.

Who did you call for the Paypal card?  If you called the paypal line call Credit Solutions.  You can likely double the CL through them.  They more than doubled my two GE lines.

Message 12 of 25
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Definitely recon the Freedom.  Many success stories on here from people calling back 2 to 5 times speaking with different u/w.  I went from a flat out decline with u/w to a $5K approval with another u/w.  Don't give up because like you said, you have nothing to lose since you've already taken the HP.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 13 of 25
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Are those scores posted before or after the app spree?
Eeek.
Yo score is gone tank bruh!!

LOL
Congrats though !!!!
In the future,
Call 18773798173 for any GECRB account cli! They are typically sps and pretty easy to get!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 25
Genecio
Valued Member

So, I did Recon the Freedom. The first attempt bared no fruit. The second attempt allowed for a compromise. I initially applied for the Freedom to get rewards and to take advantage of the 15 months @ 0%, hoping to get at least a $2K credit line. So they were able to approve it with the 2nd recon attempt but I had to agree to move some of my CL from my Slate to Freedom. So I chose to move $1K from Slate to Freedom in order to establish that trade line and not have burned a HP in vain! It's not perfect but it is a start. So I still have the same net CL overall just now my Slate is 4K and Freedom is 1K. I will now report/tend to the garden for the next 2 years or so.

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Message 15 of 25
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

At least you got the TL and as you said didn't waste a HP!

Congrats
Message 16 of 25
cottontop
Contributor

Nice Job on the recon! Congrats on a good TL

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 17 of 25
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Woot!  Congrats on the recon!  

It wasn't exactly what you wanted but like you said, at least the hp wasn't wasted.  In a year or maybe even less and after your scores climb, you can get a CLI.  

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 18 of 25
Genecio
Valued Member

Exactly, I'm just glad that the HP wasn't wasted! I'm content with what has happened and am actually looking forward to gardening for a bit.

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Message 19 of 25
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Nice job - congrats!

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.