Reply
Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

Let me start by saying that I know everyone's situation is different but I think it will pay off for me in the end.
So yesterday May 1st 2013, I decided to go on an app spree to increase total credit limits.

Here are my cards before the spree:
Barclays Rewards Visa: $2000
PayPal Extras Master Card: $3000
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $1000
Chase Slate: $2000
Discover IT: $1600
Amex Gold (PRG): No Preset Spending
Amex Zync: No Preset Spending
Total Revolving: $9600 + the two Amex Charge cards

Here are my cards and limits after the spree and some HPs.
Barclays Visa: $3000
PayPal Extras MC: $5000
Amex BCE: $1000 (No Change)
Chase Slate: $5000
Discover IT: $2100
Municipal Credit Union (NY) Gold Visa: $5000>>>>>New Card
Amex PRG: NPSL
Amex Zync: NPSL
Total Revolving: $21,100 + 2 Amex Charge Cards

I took 1 Hard Pull from GE(Paypal Extras MC) on TU
1 HP from Municipal on Experian
1 HP from Barclays on Experian
2 HP from Chase on Experian ( App for Chase freedom got Declined so asked for a CLI on my Slate and got approved).

I did this all on May 1st, 2013. Now it's time to do so MAJOR gardening!
I effectively increased my revolving lines by a little more that 2x total.

Now I feel happy yet guilty! Lets hope Amex or Barclays doesn't FR me or close my accounts! SMDH!
I've been a bad boy!

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Contributor
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎03-16-2012
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

[ Edited ]
Call back tomorrow and recon that Freedom again
Congrats on increases!


CHASE FREEDOM 30K; CITI PREMIER 12.9K; CITIAA 6.2K; DUCK 20K; AMEX BCP 1K; DISCOVER 13K; BOFA 20K; USAIR 10K; CABELA 10K; ARRIVAL 12.5K; USAA 12K; CSP 20K; PenFed 5K
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,758
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!


cottontop wrote:
Call back tomorrow and recon that Freedom again
Congrats on increases!

+1 

Congrats recon hit the garden for an extended stay:smileywink:



+ Chase Ink =

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,550
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!


Genecio wrote:
Let me start by saying that I know everyone's situation is different but I think it will pay off for me in the end.
So yesterday May 1st 2013, I decided to go on an app spree to increase total credit limits.

Here are my cards before the spree:
Barclays Rewards Visa: $2000
PayPal Extras Master Card: $3000
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $1000
Chase Slate: $2000
Discover IT: $1600
Amex Gold (PRG): No Preset Spending
Amex Zync: No Preset Spending
Total Revolving: $9600 + the two Amex Charge cards

Here are my cards and limits after the spree and some HPs.
Barclays Visa: $3000
PayPal Extras MC: $5000
Amex BCE: $1000 (No Change)
Chase Slate: $5000
Discover IT: $2100
Municipal Credit Union (NY) Gold Visa: $5000>>>>>New Card
Amex PRG: NPSL
Amex Zync: NPSL
Total Revolving: $21,100 + 2 Amex Charge Cards

I took 1 Hard Pull from GE(Paypal Extras MC) on TU
1 HP from Municipal on Experian
1 HP from Barclays on Experian
2 HP from Chase on Experian ( App for Chase freedom got Declined so asked for a CLI on my Slate and got approved).

I did this all on May 1st, 2013. Now it's time to do so MAJOR gardening!
I effectively increased my revolving lines by a little more that 2x total.

Now I feel happy yet guilty! Lets hope Amex or Barclays doesn't FR me or close my accounts! SMDH!
I've been a bad boy!

I don't think you have anything to feel guilty about. You doubled your CL, and 4 HP is not the worst I've seen on here by far...:smileywink:

 photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpsjyxek8jr.jpg
Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

Do you think it's worth it to Recon the Chase Freedom? How do I recon? Is there a backdoor number?

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,758
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!


Genecio wrote:
Do you think it's worth it to Recon the Chase Freedom? How do I recon? Is there a backdoor number?

Always worth a recon search the backdoor thread at top of page good luck



+ Chase Ink =

Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

Thanks, let's hope my recon is successful. I have nothing to lose, the HP has already been done, lol!

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Established Member
Posts: 23
Registered: ‎04-15-2012
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

Thanks. I'm going to take OP advice and recon the Chase Freedom and definitely garden to at least Gold Spade level.

Experian 715 (09/04/2013), T/U 706 (12/05/2013), Equifax 743 (12/05/2013).
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 26,758
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!


Genecio wrote:
Thanks, let's hope my recon is successful. I have nothing to lose, the HP has already been done, lol!

You got it 

go for it 

Fingers crossed 



+ Chase Ink =

Contributor
Posts: 88
Registered: ‎03-16-2012
0

Re: App Spree in order to increase total credit lines, now time to garden!

Let us know how it goes w recon!!


CHASE FREEDOM 30K; CITI PREMIER 12.9K; CITIAA 6.2K; DUCK 20K; AMEX BCP 1K; DISCOVER 13K; BOFA 20K; USAIR 10K; CABELA 10K; ARRIVAL 12.5K; USAA 12K; CSP 20K; PenFed 5K
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.