cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

Amex - Gold delta (apparently easiest to get) - NOT ANYMORE

Got Denied - Experian pull - from Amex Cust Serv. - score of 725 - reasons for decline were: 

Amount of credit available on accounts (Experian) - incorrect - available credit 10k total - using only 1k

No recent record of bank or retail revolving accounts. (Experian) - have BofA, Chase, Macy's - all revolving

Your consumer credit bureau score from Experian is too low  (See below) - 725 according to Amex themselves is too low - WOW

Ratio of your card account balances to your income is too high, or cannot be determined(Experian) - sure sure - HHI of 95k and debt of only 1k in CC and maybe 6k in student loans

Citi forward - approved for 7k - pulled EQ with fico of 708 - pulled once and i thought should try for the AA but declined because young age of credit file (remember been in the country for only 4 yrs and the oldest CC is 3 yrs and 3 months)

Discover More - Approved for 2k - pulled TU - CA mentioned my score was 700+ and said if I keep it below CL and pay on time for 6 mos. I should call for CLI.

Penfed - applied for membership under NMFA and approved for the visa CC with 5K. They pulled experian.

Chase - ofcourse we all know - denied! Credit file too thin was their issue. Not gonna bother with Chase anymore either.

PSECU - apped for membership 2 weeks ago - waiting to here from them still - they are very backed up due to colleges opening up - they pulled ex but softed eq.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

AMEX is a 760 plus lender, in most cases.

Are you sure PenFed hard pulled EX for your CC?  This would be the first I have heard that.  They are known to be EQ exclusively.

Message Edited by txjohn on 09-10-2009 04:59 PM
Message 2 of 17
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

Re: App Spree results - Info for credit searchers - you'll find it interesting with varied results

I thought all Amex cards were hard to get, especially in this credit climate

Congrats on your new lines, u look like you know how to manage your money well.

I agree, love credit, but debit does me just fine. It does hurt to see your money going away, as in me paying First Premier, Vickies, and Orchard tomorrow lol

Cash is what i have an issue with

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 3 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are you sure PenFed hard pulled EX for your CC?  This would be the first I have heard that.  They are known to be EQ exclusively.

john, when I hit 760 it will still not be good enough for them!  Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 17
Lyythine
Established Contributor

PenFed pulled both Equifax and Experian on my most recent app...  just fyi - I posted it somewhere on a PenFed thread
Message 5 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Lyythine wrote:
PenFed pulled both Equifax and Experian on my most recent app...  just fyi - I posted it somewhere on a PenFed thread

They occassionally, but oh so rarely do that. You must be special.
Message 6 of 17
Watchmann
Valued Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Amex does not approve on score alone.  They look at other aspects of your credit file.  FICO score is only a piece of the approval process.  One person with 760 may get approved, and another won't.  The days of credit granters relying solely on FICO are long, long gone.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Message Edited by txjohn on 09-10-2009 04:59 PM

Yep I just pulled my experian today - I have only one inquiry on EQ so I thought if they pull EQ that would be good but nah - they pulled experian but I still got 5K so I am not complaining - had a bunch of inquiries on EX too - from Amex twice, PSECU for membership etc...

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sparkz - yeah I try - I used to be buried in debt not even a year ago and wasnt even making decent money than - also had a couple of medical collection from 2006 (which I thought were paid under insurance but insurance hadnt kicked in until the month after the doctor visit) had a collection from Capital 1 which I had paid and was able to successfully delete all three from all the reports. I make decent $$ now so I paid alot of the CC debt from Last Oct till now.

I really wanted the amex delta cuz of the bonus miles and plus i travel delta and continental alot so i figures might as well get the miles off of it. I hear you on FP and Orchard - had both - closed orchard for the AF and FP was a poacher, the worst card ever - charge $$ to make payments online and automated system, which was bull#$#% - u know? I had a balance of 100 - made a payment of 107 online and closed it - so trust me - i hear youu!

CWCID - I dont think I'll get an Amex ever either - even if I hit 760.00 Smiley Sad :'(

Message 9 of 17
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Watchmann wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Amex does not approve on score alone.  They look at other aspects of your credit file.  FICO score is only a piece of the approval process.  One person with 760 may get approved, and another won't.  The days of credit granters relying solely on FICO are long, long gone.

Thank you for contributing gravitas to my otherwise tounge-in-cheek post.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.