Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Spree

All of nfcus apps go through manual review; the fact that you have to wait means nothing. Mine was not automatically approved and they started me with a 22k limit
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Nfcu gives nice credit limits and low interest. Ive heard a lot of stories about people getting increases on their credit limit automatically. Also you can change your card type by calling... no need to apply for one of their other cards; you can just change to it and not lose the history

That's good to know.  I had to call them to get my online access straightened out.  The CSR was SUPER nice.  She took lots of extra time to explain their services and made it a point to welcome me.  I have to say NFCU and USAA are the 2 best customer services encounters I have ever had with financial institutions. Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
All of nfcus apps go through manual review; the fact that you have to wait means nothing. Mine was not automatically approved and they started me with a 22k limit

Holy cow!  I'm not expecting a $22k limit but $5k to match my secured USAA would be nice. 

Message 13 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Ya it totally blew my mind. They did have all my financials because I just did a truck refi before getting the pre approved offer for the cash reawards card. I don't know if my financial paperwork played a role in getting that limit but I'm sure it didn't hurt
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 53
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

At least you won't have to remember when each INQ will fall off.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 53
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Holy cow!  I'm not expecting a $22k limit but $5k to match my secured USAA would be nice. 

I applied late night and received the "approved" text the next afternoon. Customer service is great. I'm going to initiate a refi of my camry this week. Glad I held off from USAA refi, hoping NFCU gives me a better rate. 

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 16 of 53
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Nfcu gives nice credit limits and low interest. Ive heard a lot of stories about people getting increases on their credit limit automatically. Also you can change your card type by calling... no need to apply for one of their other cards; you can just change to it and not lose the history

Thats pretty sweet actually, I was gonna pay off that card and just let it sit but I may change it to something else.

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 17 of 53
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

I decided to get a bunch of cards now since I'm 2+ years away from getting a mortgage.  I figured I throw out a bunch of apps and see what sticks.

I pulled my scores just before the spree.  I wanted to see them one last time before I blasted them into space. Smiley Very Happy

My TU was 691.  EQ was 630.  I have to assume EX was about the same as TU as it is has similar account info (and is close to TU on USAA's FAKO score)...

So without further adieu, here are the cards and results:

CardResult

NFCUReview
US AirwaysReview
BJ'sReview
American AirlinesApproved
American Express ZyncDenied
ChaseReview
ChryslerNot Instant
Bank of AmericaReview
WalmartReview
Macy'sApproved
DiscoverApproved
CitiReview
DellDenied
Kohl'sApproved
PayPalApproved
AmazonReview
US BankReview

Once I get the results from the cards under review I will update the post.  I may recon a couple but I'm not going to go crazy with it.  I have pretty much all I need at this point.

I figure I'll wait until September or October to pull my scores again (to see the damage).  Then I'm off to the garden for 2 years.

BTW - I already have 2 Cap One cards for about 9 months ($500 limits) and I just got a USAA Secured MC ($5000).  I know that's enough for FICO, but my goal is more to build relationships, increase my CL,  and not have to app for cards again until after I have the keys to my new house.

Wow....just WOW! 17 apps? You are way more brave than I am.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 18 of 53
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Unbelievable congrats on the approved ones and I hope you get most of the reviewed cards

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 19 of 53
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

WOW! You are braver than I as well. I echo NFCU CS praises.

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.