Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree

WOW, now that's the craziest thing I have every seen! 

Why would you do so many I mean what's the point?

Message 21 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

The point is I did/do not expect the get approved for most (I applied for many prime cards without a prime score).  The ones that do approve me will all age together and all of the INQ will be removed together.  My FICO score goal is to have a great score in 2+ years.  I'm not too concerned about it right now.

Plus, I bet my score will not drop all that much.  I'm betting when I check again in a couple months it will still be 650 or more.  I say this because the AAoA will not be drastically altered.  My oldest existing CC are 9 months old.  I have 5+ paid off accounts that are 5-7 years old...

Message 22 of 53
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

What were AmEx's reasons for denial. May be worth a recon there because that would be a nice card to age with you and in a few years if you were to apply for another one it would be backdated to 2012 on the credit reports.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 23 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@Smerri1029 wrote:

What were AmEx's reasons for denial. May be worth a recon there because that would be a nice card to age with you and in a few years if you were to apply for another one it would be backdated to 2012 on the credit reports.

Not sure yet.  I will get the denial letter in a week or so.  I will probably recon that one since it is AmEx.  It would be nice to build a relationship with them.

Message 24 of 53
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

what does your AAOA say on your reports?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 25 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

what does your AAOA say on your reports?

TU: 2 Years (oldest account is 5 years, 4 months)

EQ: 3 Years (oldest account is 6 years, 9 months)

Message 26 of 53
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

have you heard anything from the nfcu app?

Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

Message 27 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@rootpooty wrote:

Nothing. I signed into my account this morning and didn't see any messages either.

I did get an alert this morning from USAA credit monitoring.  It seems like NFCU pulled a 2nd INQ on TU.  Not sure what that means....

Message 28 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

Nothing. I signed into my account this morning and didn't see any messages either.

I did get an alert this morning from USAA credit monitoring.  It seems like NFCU pulled a 2nd INQ on TU.  Not sure what that means....

First is usually for membership.  2nd pull is usually the credit pull.  I think you will hear something today or tomorrow.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 29 of 53
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

they pull tu for membership and eq for cc. however if they are iffy and borderline approval they will pull tu AGAIN. this happened to me when i joined and when i asked why thats what i was told. on both my cards with them i apped way early in the morning then got the 3-5 day message but the same day i called and requested card services and did a follow up. i was given an approval both times and if they need any additional info they can take it right then and there

Message 30 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.