App Spree

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Spree

@Crashem wrote:

@Middleswarth wrote:

@rootpooty wrote:

have you heard anything from the nfcu app?

Nothing. I signed into my account this morning and didn't see any messages either.

I did get an alert this morning from USAA credit monitoring.  It seems like NFCU pulled a 2nd INQ on TU.  Not sure what that means....

First is usually for membership.  2nd pull is usually the credit pull.  I think you will hear something today or tomorrow.

They have a separate secure message center for application status...  I apped on a weekend, and I found out on Tuesday morning of the following week

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 31 of 53
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

The point is I did/do not expect the get approved for most (I applied for many prime cards without a prime score).  The ones that do approve me will all age together and all of the INQ will be removed together.  My FICO score goal is to have a great score in 2+ years.  I'm not too concerned about it right now.

Plus, I bet my score will not drop all that much.  I'm betting when I check again in a couple months it will still be 650 or more.  I say this because the AAoA will not be drastically altered.  My oldest existing CC are 9 months old.  I have 5+ paid off accounts that are 5-7 years old...

I agree with your philosophy.  However, at a certain point, too many apps around same time will result is denials because of the other inquiries.  Additionally, if you had gotten a bunch of new accounts, at a certain point, your new cards would start getting AA for having so many new accounts.  CC companies are afraid of the desperate consumer looking for a new credit because they need it to get by.  The question is where those lines are.  Hopefully you didn't cross any of them.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 32 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

They have a separate secure message center for application status...  I apped on a weekend, and I found out on Tuesday morning of the following week

I did not know that.  I found a message under "Consumer Loan and Credit Card Application Message Center".  It says I have been APPROVED!!!

I cannot find a credit limit.  I click on the confirmation number and it states "No messages pertaining to application XXXXXX were found."  Am I missing something?

Message 33 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Middleswarth wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I did not know that.  I found a message under "Consumer Loan and Credit Card Application Message Center".  It says I have been APPROVED!!!

I cannot find a credit limit.  I click on the confirmation number and it states "No messages pertaining to application XXXXXX were found."  Am I missing something?

There is a place to click in there where it will pull up the approval letter, and it will tell you what you're credit limit is.

Congrats!!

FICO 9:

Message 34 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Mine read:

You are approved for a cashRewards Visa, Your new Credit Line will be $22,000.  Your APR will be prime + 11.4%

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Navy-Fed-CU-Your-starting-limit-is-22k/m-p/1300755#M361...

FICO 9:

Message 35 of 53
journey258
Frequent Contributor

@Middleswarth wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Congrats on the approval! Let us know how much they granted you!

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 36 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Either the approval letter is not there yet or I'm just being stupid.  If I can't find it today I will give them a call.  

Message 37 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Middleswarth wrote:

Either the approval letter is not there yet or I'm just being stupid.  If I can't find it today I will give them a call.  

your card will show up tomorrow under the Accounts tab at navyfederal.org

Or you can always call!   "BTW I noticed I'm approved for the card I applied for, can you tell me the credit limit I was approved for and APR please? And by the way, how does that whole shopping from the website thing work?" HAHA they love to talk about shopping with your new card by clicking the link from their site.

FICO 9:

Message 38 of 53
drkaje
Senior Contributor

17 apps?!

WOW!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 39 of 53
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

I myself have gone on an app spree this weekend. Discover More 1500, Amex Zync Approved, Amex BCP 2000, Barclaycards Apple 2000, then upgraded my NFCU Cash Rewards of 3 yrs to the Visa Flagship they offer currently at 5000 but as icing on the cake asked them to bump to a 10000 cl. I regret the Barclaycard though because I dont plan on buying any apple products anytime soon and the APR is ridiculous. 

other than those coming to me I already have a Zales-500, Home Depot-500, Military Star-3150. The Mil Star will have to be cancelled once im out of the military here shortly, and the Home Depot and Zales are both relatively short in length. Should I just cancel the Zales and Home Depot aswell since I have all those cards coming to me, or does it look good to have department store cards also? 

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 40 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.