Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: App Spree

@iMacDrew wrote:

I myself have gone on an app spree this weekend. Discover More 1500, Amex Zync Approved, Amex BCP 2000, Barclaycards Apple 2000, then upgraded my NFCU Cash Rewards of 3 yrs to the Visa Flagship they offer currently at 5000 but as icing on the cake asked them to bump to a 10000 cl. I regret the Barclaycard though because I dont plan on buying any apple products anytime soon and the APR is ridiculous. 

other than those coming to me I already have a Zales-500, Home Depot-500, Military Star-3150. The Mil Star will have to be cancelled once im out of the military here shortly, and the Home Depot and Zales are both relatively short in length. Should I just cancel the Zales and Home Depot aswell since I have all those cards coming to me, or does it look good to have department store cards also? 

Congrats on all your approvals.  Be sure to ask Amex to raise the limit on your BCP up to 6k after you've had the card activated for 61 days. 

Congrats on the NFCU upgrade.  Let me know how you like the card. I plan on getting it if my travel needs change. I can't think of another issuer I'd rather have travelling with me internationally Smiley Happy  I just know they'd have my back without leaving me hanging.

It does look good to have department stores, and they aren't hurting anything, so you can always just shred the card and leave open, or you can sock drawer the card, and pull it out once in a while to buy something at that store.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 41 of 53
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

Congrats on all your approvals.  Be sure to ask Amex to raise the limit on your BCP up to 6k after you've had the card activated for 61 days. 

Congrats on the NFCU upgrade.  Let me know how you like the card. I plan on getting it if my travel needs change. I can't think of another issuer I'd rather have travelling with me internationally Smiley Happy  I just know they'd have my back without leaving me hanging.

It does look good to have department stores, and they aren't hurting anything, so you can always just shred the card and leave open, or you can sock drawer the card, and pull it out once in a while to buy something at that store.

Thanks I had to call and ask what the amex cl was, I asked to raise it but she told me usually it is best to wait 60 days.. Ill let you know how the NFCU flagship is, Ive been saving for a cruise and figured nows the best time to upgrade because I can use their services to get the tickets and wont have to worry about those international fees Smiley Very Happy

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 42 of 53
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

congrats on the nfcu approval let us know what the limit is!

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 43 of 53
jordanmedical
Established Contributor

Congrats!

-Rebuilding with CapOne Cash: $1.5k, NFCU cashRewards $8.5K, NavCheck $5K, Wal-Mart: $1.1K, Sam's: $1.2K, Amazon: $1.9K, Apple Barclay: $3K, Haverty's: $1.5K, GE capital: $5K, Sears: $250(AU), PP MC:$1.5K, CareCredit:$3K (closed 1st home 05/08/13)
Starting Score: 492-TU04, 480-EX FICO V2, 467-EQ Beacon 5 (Via Mortgage PreQual March '12)
Current Score: EX,EQ,TU (lender pull): 652, 659, 689, Walmart TU FICO: 691 (05/13)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 44 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Okay, signed into NFCU this morning and my Cashrewards Visa was listed on my account.

The APR is 14.65% and the credit limit is........

$10,000!!!!  Smiley LOL

That is by far the highest card I've EVER had.  It doubles my secured USAA and is 5 times more than the American Airlines card I just got on Saturday.

I am officially in the garden.  Smiley Happy

Message 45 of 53
J2W
Established Member

Wow...way to go....

Message 46 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Here is the latest from my appapaluza spree on the 14th...

CardResultLimit

US AirwaysDenied 
BJ'sDenied 
American Express ZyncDenied 
ChaseDenied 
ChryslerDenied 
Bank of AmericaDenied 
AmazonDenied 
CitiDenied 
DellDenied 

Kohl'sApproved$300

PayPal Smart Connect

Approved$400
NFCUApproved$10,000
American AirlinesApproved$2,000
Macy'sApproved$600
Discover MoreApproved$1,000

US BankReview 
WalmartFurther Review 

I reconned Chase and was denied (credit history too short, too many inqs)

I was denied Zync to partly to something on Telecheck.  I sent for my report.

I did not recon any others and I do not intend to.

I have not heard from US Bank yet.  Walmart asked me to call and provide more information.  I did and the app is back under review.

I still haven't received my American Airlines card.  That is the one card I'm actually going to use right away.  Smiley Mad

Paypal Smart Connect is the only one of the new accounts reporting.  

I will pull my scores in a few months to see the damage. 

EDIT:  Just found my Macy's limit is $600.   

Message 47 of 53
Middleswarth
Frequent Contributor

Update: 

I reconned the Barclay US Air card and was approved for $1500.  That put the final nail in the coffin for Cap One.  Both cards will be gone by this time next month (the first one will go on Monday).

I checked my TU score today and only lost 20 points from the 8 new INQ.  Only a couple of the new accounts are reporting.  My auto loan also finally reported 0 balance and paid.

AAoA is now 2 years.

I'm in the garden and on target for my house in 2014.  Smiley LOL

Message 48 of 53
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!! Wheeee!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 49 of 53
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Congrats on the approvals, NOW GARDEN!  I plan on hitting about 2-3 cards and a couple of CLI's Next year, hope I get some good LUV.

Message 50 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.