Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App Spree...

I was introduced to the myfico forums a month ago and I am glad for that. The information is really useful and all the board members are helpful and friendly. I want to thank you all for my successful app spree.

On to my story... I have a limited credit history. No baddies... perfect payments. Before the app spree, I had capital one visa (CL $750) for about a year. I found the card too limiting. I requested for CLI couple of times and was denied. I got frustrated and decided to apply for new credit cards. I wasn't too confident to start with because of my limited credit history. Anyway I tried for discover more and was pleasently surprised with the approval. Now I have 6 new cards with good limits (for me atleastSmiley Happy)

Old card:

Capital one - 750 CL

October 15-18:

Discover more - approved - 2000 CL

Chase freedom - approved - 3000 CL

Amex delta miles - approved - 8500 CL (Successfully got it backdated to 2003)

November 4:

Barclays NFL extra points - approved - 1500 CL

November 14:

Chase southwest reapid rewards plus - approved - 3000 CL

US Bank cash+ visa signature - Pending for review

I woudn't have done it without this board. Thank you all!

My scores are: EQ-680, TU:710, EX:N/A

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
SpiceIslander
Frequent Contributor

Re: App Spree...

HUGE Congrats!!!!!

You have done extremely well. Way to go!!!!

Oh yeah....welcome to the forums.

Meg.

FICO: 4/2016 - TU 841 | EQ 840 | EX 837

FNBO 23,600 | Amex SPG 13,900 | Amex BCP 13,400 | Barclays/Sallie Mae13,000 | Discover IT 12,500 | Lowes 10,000 | PLOC 9,300 | NASA FCU 8,700 | Citi Simplicity 6,200 | BOA Platinum+ 6,000 | Achieva CU 5,500 | Chase CSP 5,000 | Sam's Club 3,000 | Sears 900
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SpiceIslander wrote:

HUGE Congrats!!!!!

You have done extremely well. Way to go!!!!

Oh yeah....welcome to the forums.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats! Nice CL!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I was introduced to the myfico forums a month ago and I am glad for that. The information is really useful and all the board members are helpful and friendly. I want to thank you all for my successful app spree.

On to my story... I have a limited credit history. No baddies... perfect payments. Before the app spree, I had capital one visa (CL $750) for about a year. I found the card too limiting. I requested for CLI couple of times and was denied. I got frustrated and decided to apply for new credit cards. I wasn't too confident to start with because of my limited credit history. Anyway I tried for discover more and was pleasently surprised with the approval. Now I have 6 new cards with good limits (for me atleastSmiley Happy)

Old card:

Capital one - 750 CL

October 15-18:

Discover more - approved - 2000 CL

Chase freedom - approved - 3000 CL

Amex delta miles - approved - 8500 CL (Successfully got it backdated to 2003)

November 4:

Barclays NFL extra points - approved - 1500 CL

November 14:

Chase southwest reapid rewards plus - approved - 3000 CL

US Bank cash+ visa signature - Pending for review

I woudn't have done it without this board. Thank you all!

My scores are: EQ-680, TU:710, EX:N/A

This is a wonderful app spree!  time to kick Cap 1 to the curb...   you may look at an Amex Charge card for more backdating goodness.

Congrats on your approvals!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

This is a wonderful app spree!  time to kick Cap 1 to the curb...   you may look at an Amex Charge card for more backdating goodness.

Thanks.

Could you eloberate on the charge card suggestion you made? How does charge card help me? My current member since year is 2003. If I open a charge card now, it will be dated 2003; so my AAoA will improve, right?

Message 6 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Thanks.

Could you eloberate on the charge card suggestion you made? How does charge card help me? My current member since year is 2003. If I open a charge card now, it will be dated 2003; so my AAoA will improve, right?

Yes,  if you add a charge card, your AAoA will improve, so you'll essentially end up with another 9 years of history to help counteract the effects of all the new accounts you just added. Even if you don't keep the card longterm, you'll benefit from the extra years.  

Charge cards also have some very nice sign up bonuses and additional benefits.   Too bad the Zync isn't around anymore, that would be a very cheap additional  9 years of history.  

there are forum members here who have 5 Amex accounts, just for backdating reasons Smiley Happy

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 10
RonDawg
Contributor

Can you say... "Winning!" .... Congrats!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webhopper wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

Thanks.

Yes,  if you add a charge card, your AAoA will improve, so you'll essentially end up with another 9 years of history to help counteract the effects of all the new accounts you just added. Even if you don't keep the card longterm, you'll benefit from the extra years.  

Charge cards also have some very nice sign up bonuses and additional benefits.   Too bad the Zync isn't around anymore, that would be a very cheap additional  9 years of history.  

there are forum members here who have 5 Amex accounts, just for backdating reasons Smiley Happy

Thanks!

Message 9 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.