Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree...

tag
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

App Spree...

Ok so heres the deal, went to go buy myself a new MacBook Pro with Retina at BestBuy on saturday, and when I got there the gentleman asked if I wanted to apply for the 0% financing. I was not planning on applying but I was paying about 2500 for the computer so I figured why not.

I was approved for $1000, 0% store card for first 18 months.

After apping for that I figured why not throw a couple more out there, apped for Capital One, approved for $300 limit (this sucks!). Apped for Discover IT, was approved but I do not know the limit as of yet, (will update!). Lastly I apped for Wal-Mart CC so I can utilize the free tansunion report once a month, they gave me the good old 7-10 business day response, I think the message said something about verification, so I will update on this as well.

Scores for Tansunion and Equifax were floating around 630-640 (only reason they are so low is mix up about student loan repayment caused 90 lates on 2 separate accounts, OUCH!) last I checked, not sure about experian. AAoA is around 1 year 6 months. Income is around 30k. Currently have 2 credit cards, one with Credit One (at time of application thought it was Capital One lol how wrong I was) limit of 400, and NASA FCU Visa Platinum Secured Card for $500.

I will be calling for credit limit increases on the 3 cards approved so far. Didnt plan on apping for anything else, but any suggestions are welcome! Additonally I work at NASAFCU so any questions about lending/CCs or anything for them I can generally answer.

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Re: App Spree...

Congrats!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 2 of 22
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approvals! However, the Barclay AA bear doesn't like getting poked Smiley LOL Therfore, I recommend you go into the garden at once and hope that when these new accounts start reporting the bear doesn't eat you Smiley Surprised

Edit: Lack of sleep + Assumption = Disregard Barclay comment and continue the happy dance. 

Message 3 of 22
ninjamike81
Regular Contributor

congrats on the approvals

Starting Score: TU 583, EX 683, EQ 653
Current Score: 10/12/14 TU 743 9/24/2014 EQ FICO 751,12/17/2014 EXPERIAN 772
Goal Score: 750

WALLET: CAP ONE UNSEC $2000, WALMART $3800, CITI SIMPLICITY $3600, DISCOVER IT $2000, BBRZ $2200, AMEX BCE $24,500, CHASE FREEDOM 10,500 KAWASAKI GOOD TIMES CARD $31,500
Message 4 of 22
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@CreditWorld2013 wrote:

Congrats on the approvals! However, the Barclay AA bear doesn't like getting poked Smiley LOL Therfore, I recommend you go into the garden at once and hope that when these new accounts start reporting the bear doesn't eat you Smiley Surprised

Best Buy's financing is backed by Capital One. No Barclay's AA bear to worry about! Smiley Happy

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 5 of 22
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@CreditWorld2013 wrote:

Best Buy's financing is backed by Capital One. No Barclay's AA bear to worry about! Smiley Happy

Silly me- I need some sleep! I just assumed that 18 Month 0%  financing offer was the one that Barclay's Offers Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 22
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

@CreditWorld2013 wrote:

Ahhhh, maybe thats why the approval for Capital One was for only 300.. thanks on the Congratz guys!

Age: 22 //Cards: Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Visa, Discover IT, CreditOne, CapOne Quicksilver, CapOne Cash, Walmart, Barclaycard, Citibank BestBuy, NavyFederal Visa Signature cashRewards //AAoA: 1 Year 3 Months (but going down quickly Smiley Tongue) //CK:692, Sesame:656
Message 7 of 22
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

@ImprovingYouth wrote:

Ok so heres the deal, went to go buy myself a new MacBook Pro with Retina at BestBuy on saturday, and when I got there the gentleman asked if I wanted to apply for the 0% financing. I was not planning on applying but I was paying about 2500 for the computer so I figured why not.

After apping for that I figured why not throw a couple more out there, apped for Capital One, approved for $300 limit (this sucks!). Apped for Discover IT, was approved but I do not know the limit as of yet, (will update!). Lastly I apped for Wal-Mart CC so I can utilize the free tansunion report once a month, they gave me the good old 7-10 business day response, I think the message said something about verification, so I will update on this as well.

Scores for Tansunion and Equifax were floating around 630-640 (only reason they are so low is mix up about student loan repayment caused 90 lates on 2 separate accounts, OUCH!) last I checked, not sure about experian. AAoA is around 1 year 6 months. Income is around 30k. Currently have 2 credit cards, one with Credit One (at time of application thought it was Capital One lol how wrong I was) limit of 400, and NASA FCU Visa Platinum Secured Card for $500.

I will be calling for credit limit increases on the 3 cards approved so far. Didnt plan on apping for anything else, but any suggestions are welcome! Additonally I work at NASAFCU so any questions about lending/CCs or anything for them I can generally answer.

Did you app for Discover It for Students? If so, what was your AI?

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 8 of 22
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

Have you contacted Discover to find out the Credit Line? 

Message 9 of 22
ImprovingYouth
Regular Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

@ImprovingYouth wrote:

Did you app for Discover It for Students? If so, what was your AI?

Well not 100% sure but nowhere on the application did I put I was a student, although I currently am a fulltime student and fulltime employment. So pretty sure it was the regular one.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.