Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App Spree!!!!

tag
mross1080
Established Contributor

App Spree!!!!

Hi everyone new to this board. So heres my story after destorying my credit when I was young I have had absolutely no credit for years. Then recently, last october I ran my credit and found there was absolutley nothing on it except a chargeoff from verizon that ironcially isnt even me from 2004 for 140. So i decided this was my second chance and wanted to do my credit history right due to me being older and more responsible. I started off with a first premier card horrible I know but it was my only option at the time so I went for it. A couple of weeks later I got a applied bank secured for 500 and a Orchard secured for 300. Around the same time I got a car loan from one the more shady car dealers that got me approved for a car loan from westlake financial for a sizeable downpayment. Everything went great and I paid everything on time. About 3 weeks ago I went to a car dealer and saw the beautiful new 2010 camaro and fell in love. The salesperson talked me in running my credit and for the first time ever I was approved! Not only that but 0 down and 6 percent interest. I got the car and ended up selling my current car and paying it off that same week. Im still on a high about that. Last week  my wife an I decided to move in the middle of may after being at my current house for about 3 years so I figured I would apply for a new card to see if I could get one because I figured with the move if I applied afterwards the recent move would hurt any chances. Well little did I know that it was amazingly addictive!!!!! Well after a week of apps I am done no more apps I will not allow myself any more apps for at least 6 to 8 months let alone I have absolutley no reason for any more cards. So the heres the whole point of this post heres everything I applied for and what I got.

Heres what I had to start.

First Preimer            CL $350

Applied Bank            CL $500

Orchard Bank           CL $300

And heres the fun!!

Amazon Visa        Denied

Macy's                   Approved!  CL $600

Hooters MC          Denied

PayPal Visa         Approved! CL $3000 Almost fell over at that one.

Victoria's Secret  Approved! CL $250

Express               Approved! CL $350

Kay Jeweler        Approved! CL $1500

Abercrombie      Application under review

Target                 Approved! CL $300

So theres my story just wanted to share with the group And my scores at the start of this fun were EX 621 EQ 661 TU 665. All of these are FAKO's  I dont know what they are now but im sure there much lower for a while.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App Spree!!!!

I hope you keep all these accounts...usually this kinda thing would get flagged and multiple accunts would be closed.

But in any case...Congrats on all that credit.Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  So many mixed emotions here.

So, to start with, congrats to mross1080 for being in a better situation than they thought they were in.  That's always exhilarating!! 

Secondly, I'll just whisper this quietly so as not to rain on any parades - and especially for newbies - shhh!  app sprees are somewhat risky - do research before considering any copycat actions -

But again, congrats to mross - and thanks for participating on the boards.  You'll make lots of new friends here.  It's really really good to have you here!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

A cautionary tale.

I am, I am sorry to say, a repeat credit offender.  I have been through several credit boom and bust cycles over the last 30 years.  I think I have learned my lesson.  I hope so.  And I hope others can learn from my mistakes.  Of course, as I tell my children, some of us just have to learn things the hard way.

The way it has gone with me in the past is that during a period of bad credit, I would run mostly on cash.  Eventually my credit would clean up.  For awhile, I would be a responsible credit user.  Then, one way or another, things would get out of control.  My circumstances or income would change, I would have surprise expenses.  Sometimes I would get busy with school, or work, or life and it would become easy to ignore my problems.

There are simple things you can do to safeguard your newfound financial wellbeing.  Simple, but not easy.

* Start saving.

Lack of ready funds for emergencies begins many a financial downward spiral.  The car needed repair.  The bonus fell through.  The tax bill was unexpected.  And then you can't pay your bills.

If you've already started saving, increase it.  Have as big a cushion as you possibly can.  Many financial experts advise having 6 months' income in easily accessible funds.

* Pay everything on time.

I shudder to think how much I've spent in late fees over the last 30 years.

Personally, I like to pay my bills within a few days of the statement being issued.  I like to have a cushion so that if I get busy, forget, lose track, I have plenty of time to sort it out before a bill is late.  I use personal financial software, a spreadsheet, AND a log of major transactions, plus I access all my accounts online.  I am sure there are much more efficient ways than my methods, and I am slowly streamlining.  But efficiency isn't the goal, for me.  Accuracy is the goal for me.  Never ever ever be late.  Ever again.  Ever.

* Pay everything in full.

Or as close to it as possible.  If I buy something today on a credit card, when it shows up in my financial software, I actually change the future payment of that card to reflect the new balance.

If you have a debt, like a car loan, try to pay ahead.  Don't deplete your savings, but do what you can to whittle it down.  Paying extra on a long-term loan is just about the surest investment there is, and the higher the interest rate, the better the return to yourself.

So, Mross, that's my story, and my advice.  And I'm sure you're just fine and don't need it, but if it helps, then great.

Enjoy the car!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.