Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(App'd & Declined) Going to Apply for Bank Of America Cash Back Card

tag
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Re: (App'd & Declined) Going to Apply for Bank Of America Cash Back Card

I would wait untill the 2 year mark then start apping for some heavy hitters, if you have a good income 40k+ you should qualify for some good cards with your score boosted another 10-20 points.

Message 21 of 31
skyisthelimit
New Contributor

Oh and reason why I said that is you already have 3 cards, extra cards really will not help your score go up; if your wanting to eventually be at 5k+ cards (though they do help with your age later!)  My suggestion is just wait and don't open any more cards.  GL

Message 22 of 31
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

I'd probably be happy with that card if I were you. You got your foot in the door with BOA at least.  It will grow as will your credit file with PATIENCE! 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@skyisthelimit wrote:

I would wait untill the 2 year mark then start apping for some heavy hitters, if you have a good income 40k+ you should qualify for some good cards with your score boosted another 10-20 points.

i hv 80k income, how they check income? I beleive income is not reported to bureaus. 

Message 24 of 31
CK_Charles_Lover
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@skyisthelimit wrote:

i hv 80k income, how they check income? I beleive income is not reported to bureaus. 

Income is not reported. What I think Sky meant that is if income is high enough for heavy hitter cards that he will be "eligible" for them and score will boost from that. 

Trans Union Fico (Walmart) ,690 Experian Fico (Amex) 686(Opened 3 new accounts this month. In the Garden)

AMEX BCE ($19,500) AMEX PRG -(NPSL), BARCLAYS US AIR PREMIER WORLD ($10,000), BOA CASH REWARD -($6,000), CITI HILTON RESERVE SIGGY-(5,000), WALMART DISCOVER ( $5,800), CITI DIAMOND ($4,700), CITI DIVIDED WORLD ($4,500), AMAZON STORE($5,000), NORDSTROM VISA SIG($5,000), PAYPAL STORE ($4,000) Amex Delta Gold ($2000)
Message 25 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@skyisthelimit wrote:

Pretty much all lenders ask for this data.

If they don't believe you, they'll ask for proof (income verification).

        
Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think I ever have had to provide income verification for any loan in my life besides my mortgage

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called buy they denied, because of lack of history. I would apply after 3-4 months or look for other cards once I complete 1 year of history.

Message 28 of 31
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I dont think I ever have had to provide income verification for any loan in my life besides my mortgage

Auto loans.

CU's.

Amex and others if they suspect you of fraud.

Plenty of them do.

        
Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied, declined, recon, still declined, high utilization...maybe is better it didn't get approved, will try to use debit card more....

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.