Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App'd for Discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

App'd for Discover

So I got a Discover More Student Card invitation in the mail, and decided I'd go for it.  I app'd last night, and got a 5-7 day message.  I immediately checked my app status online, and it said they needed verification of my address.  One of the options was a photo of my driver's license, so I took one and uploaded it last night.  When I checked my app status today it still says the same thing, so I called in to an account manager, who told me they would contact me in 7-10 days in regards to my application.  Is this a good thing or a bad thing?  If I called a backdoor number to a CSR, would they be able to push it through faster and let me know if I was approved?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ILBrian
Regular Contributor

Re: App'd for Discover

If they are in verification your likely already approved
Wallet: Discover IT, Discover Gas, Citi Professional (6.74% apr), Chase Freedom, Cap1 Quciksilver, Élan Financial Rewards, BOA Amex, Walmart, CareCredit, Paypal Smart Connect, Kohls, HSBC Cash or Fly, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Amex Zync, Amex Blue Cash Preferred, USAA Plat Rewards, Chase Ink, NFCU Plat
Message 2 of 14
oracles
Valued Contributor

call the backdoor number

Message 3 of 14
CreditChampion
Frequent Contributor

What are your scores and when did you open the cards?
Fico Scores:800+Club

Marvel MC 25K AMEX BCE 18K AMEX Blue Sky 13.6K AMEX BCE 13.5K AMEX Zync
NPSL(AU) Citi Double Cash 14.5K PenFed Plat Rewards 14.5K Citi Forward 10.3k Discover it 9.5K Wells Fargo Cash Back 7.2K BankAmericard Better Balance $700 Chase Freedom $500 Capital One Quicksilver $6K Capital One Platinum (AU) $500 Capital One Secured Card (AU) $251(Closed) PenFed PLOC 14K
PenFed Promise 5K
Message 4 of 14
happy101
New Contributor

I received same message a couple of days ago..... I called customer service and they asked a couple of credit profile questions and approved me with a 2k line of credit. I definitely would call the back door number, instead of waiting....
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

698 TU(Barclays) as of ~2 weeks ago.  683 TU(CK), 676 EQ(AmEx) as of March 31st, 654 EX(Citi) as of April 10th.

I have a Capital One($750) opened approx 1 year ago, a Citi card open April 10th, and a Barclays card open approx 2 weeks ago.

I'm going to go ahead and call and see what they have to say.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went ahead and called the backdoor number.  The rep looked at my upload, and verified my address, but the application still has to be looked at by a senior credit analysist.  He said I would have my answer in 24-48 hours, but that it looked good.  He said I could call in to check.  When I went online to the application status, I was given the 30-day message.  I'll be checking back tomorrow to see what it says.

Edit - If I called back to any of the lines, could they make it go through faster?  I'm anxious.

Message 7 of 14
Whereis750
Regular Contributor

Have you received an answer from Discover yet? Did they give you your credit limit?
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My application is still being processed, I'll check again when I get home from work today.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got approved by discover. The only negative is that I can given a 500 dollar limit, which is my lowest. Can you recon limits?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.