cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for Citi Diamond...or wait til after Amex 3xcli?

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

App for Citi Diamond...or wait til after Amex 3xcli?

I have been wanting that Citi Diamond card for sooooooo long!!!!!! My Amex 61 day 3xcli date is Coming up in two weeks... I reallllyyyy want to app for the Citi card... Or should I jusy hold out a little bit longer? I don't want to ruin my Amex 3xcli chances though! I have like 3 inqs in the past six months and only three new accounts in the same time frame, including Amex.... What to do what to do?!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: App for Citi Diamond...or wait til after Amex 3xcli?

From what i read the 3x amex sometimes doesn't pull a hard inquiry. I would verify with a CSR whether it will be a hard pull or not! If it's a soft pull, then go for the Amex CLI THEN apply for Citi Smiley Happy You can have your cake and eat it too!!

Message 2 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's a great point! I am assuming that they would base my 3xcli on a sp from the previous two weeks before the request. I did read, however, that Amex has a service that alerts them when cardmembers accrue hps..... Is this true? Amex has me scared!!!! The Citi Diamond Preferred card would just absolutely complete my collection! Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 3 of 14
beb86
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
That's a great point! I am assuming that they would base my 3xcli on a sp from the previous two weeks before the request. I did read, however, that Amex has a service that alerts them when cardmembers accrue hps..... Is this true? Amex has me scared!!!! The Citi Diamond Preferred card would just absolutely complete my collection! Lol

I think (may need some clarification on this) that with a HP and a SP you get the same info, its just coded different. So if AMEX softs you the could still see the INQs.

Message 4 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Eeeeek... I guess I should wait then :-/
Message 5 of 14
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

I think (may need some clarification on this) that with a HP and a SP you get the same info, its just coded different. So if AMEX softs you the could still see the INQs.

I do believe you are correct.

Message 6 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I am worried they would see a hp from Citi and deny my 3xcli.... Valid concern?
Message 7 of 14
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I got my AMEX 3x CLI ($1k>$3k) with 15 inquiries showing on my record...

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 8 of 14
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I am worried they would see a hp from Citi and deny my 3xcli.... Valid concern?

Yes

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Mehhh Ill just wait til after I request it. Then maybe app for Citi Diamond in January or later. Lol I have the ITCH!!!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.