Regular Contributor
Bay_Area_Joe

App for another account before two new accounts report to CRA ?

I got the Discover IT and AMEX green early Jan.

They are going to report Feb 2 and Feb 5.

Should I make another attemp at another prime card(maybe another AMEX) before they report or better to get the 21 backdating AMEX to report ?

I don't need more credit, but unsure how bad two new accounts will hurt me, and will AMEX that is 21 backdating hurt me, as it will be a new account or showing my oldest account ?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

J

$ 197,650 IN TOTAL CREDIT LINES.
MyFICO EQ 777 on 9/3/13 , MyFICO TU 787 on 9/3/13, MyFico EX Score 771 on 8/27/13
Pen Fed Visa 19k, Pen Fed LOC 20k, Citi Hilton Honors 15k, Chase Sapphire Preferred 19.9k, Citi MC Diamond Preferred 12.2k, Chase Marriott PR Sig Visa 12k, Chase Priority 5k, Sams Discover 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 2k, BofA Hawaii 5k
Discover More 16.25k, Chase Southwest Visa 3.5k, Wells Fargo LOC 10k,
B of A Visa 20k, Wells Plat Visa 6.7k RC Willey 5k Discover IT 4k AMEX TE 2k
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: App for another account before two new accounts report to CRA ?

Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I got the Discover IT and AMEX green early Jan.

They are going to report Feb 2 and Feb 5.

Should I make another attemp at another prime card(maybe another AMEX) before they report or better to get the 21 backdating AMEX to report ?

I don't need more credit, but unsure how bad two new accounts will hurt me, and will AMEX that is 21 backdating hurt me, as it will be a new account or showing my oldest account ?

any help is appreciated.

thanks

J

Go for it! There are a bit of members who stated they got multiple AMEX cards when approved and waiting for their AMEX cards. 

After that I would garden because you got a nice arsenal of cards! 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}