Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App for second AMEX after CLI

tag
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

App for second AMEX after CLI

What is the required waiting period between receiving a CLI on an AMEX (specifically Clear) and applying for a second revolver? Six months like a CLI?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: App for second AMEX after CLI

im not sure on that, but i did get amex blue and i really wanted the amex bcp so applied, they said no u just got a card, can i change it to the bcp? they said no, apply back in six months

Message 2 of 22
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Not sure about CLI and then apply for a new card but I was just recently approved for the Delta Sky Miles and Hilton Honors within 1 day of each other.  So you can apply and be approved for more than one card at a time.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 22
dalebb
Valued Contributor

@Strepthroat wrote:

Not sure about CLI and then apply for a new card but I was just recently approved for the Delta Sky Miles and Hilton Honors within 1 day of each other.  So you can apply and be approved for more than one card at a time.

hmmm, i already had the zync

Message 4 of 22
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Same here, I already had the Platinum charge card.

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 5 of 22
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Well I got the Amex SPG in June and just got approved for the Amex BCP on 11/23. It was less than 6 months.
Message 6 of 22
dnice77
Regular Contributor

you can apply for different cards within 6months...

i recieved teh ZYNC and Plat (using same pull) and then BCP about 35days later

Starting Score: 617
Current Score: 744 Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 22
boomhower
Valued Contributor

There's no waiting period between getting a CLI and apping for another card.  Go for it and good luck, it's a great card with my better rewards than Clear.

Message 8 of 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

just now i got cli and appled for jetblue. app is being processed now. let us see what happens.

Message 9 of 22
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

@concorduser: Did you apply online or over the phone? I ask because when I try to apply online it asks me to verify my existing card's CID, and then it just sits there with the circular arrow spinning on the middle of the screen. It's been doing that all week, from two different browsers on three different computers. Not sure if it's something with my account or just another web site problem. There always seems to be something broken on the AMEX web site.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.