cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App itch-Chase Freedom denied--UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: App itch-Chase Freedom denied

@seattletravels wrote:

I thought Chase pulls EX for the most part?

Chase likes to pull EX but will pull others. I believe it really depends on where you live.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Chase does not like to see a lot of inquiries or a lot of new accounts. Most people garden pretty heavily for at least six months before they hit up chase. If the inquiries are older than 6 months, it doesn't hurt to try to recon again but you could get stuck with another toy limit which is counter productive. You can also mention your checking and savings with chase.

Okay okay you're talking me down off of the ledge now because you must know that I'm about to jump right?  LOL

As for my inquiries, there were 9 in the last 6 months of which 3 were for auto loans and 2 were for CU memberships, and 1 of them is Chase's.  And yes there is the possiblity of a toy limit and I really don't need one of those.   Okay taking a deep breathe now....

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 12 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@webhopper wrote:
Chase does not like to see a lot of inquiries or a lot of new accounts. Most people garden pretty heavily for at least six months before they hit up chase. If the inquiries are older than 6 months, it doesn't hurt to try to recon again but you could get stuck with another toy limit which is counter productive. You can also mention your checking and savings with chase.

Okay okay you're talking me down off of the ledge now because you must know that I'm about to jump right?  LOL

As for my inquiries, there were 9 in the last 6 months of which 3 were for auto loans and 2 were for CU memberships, and 1 of them is Chase's.  And yes there is the possiblity of a toy limit and I really don't need one of those.   Okay taking a deep breathe now....

I think your better off getting back into the garden and letting those INQ's age for a year then go for Chase IMO.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@zyzzus wrote:

For credit card underwriting Fico (vantage etc) scores are not used in approvals/denials.

Are you the one who created the "Ask a Chase banker thread"?.   If so what is your take on my situation?   If not, sorry I confused you with someone else.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 14 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

I think your better off getting back into the garden and letting those INQ's age for a year then go for Chase IMO.

Okay okay, climbing back in the window off of the ledge now Smiley Sad

Message 15 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Last year when I was denied and req a recon they pulled TU (initial app was Ex)
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same luck with Chase.

I was denied for the bk and they tried to give me speach about new 18 accounts within 6 months and when the 6 months was up they change their song again to something else

When i mention the 600k i deposit every year there for 3 yrs now they said we appreciate that but due to the bk and........................Click  i hang up

Now Bank of America on the other side gave me 5 months on secure and then unsecure  for a  low limit of $1500 even though i had other cards showing 20k limit on the cr

Chase by far has the lowest  limits on the prime lending lately.I know i know there are others that have some high limits but maybe 7% of the fico community

I really believe they need to step up their game to catch up with the current economical trend and be serious when it comes to prime costumers

Message 17 of 43
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

danielodonolI

I absolutely love the last line in your siggy...ain't that the truth huh?  

Awesome!!

Message 18 of 43
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

danielodonolI

I absolutely love the last line in your siggy...ain't that the truth huh?  

Awesome!!

At least he's honest......Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 43
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Thats me.

I read the OP and skipped over the rest I'm sorry at work now and we are busy.

I am going to assume there was a ton of good advice before mine.

It wouldn't hurt to try and recon again and ask if your banking relationship could potentially influence an approval.  Explain that you are now more of inqs and how they effect you and how its viewed by lenders.  If this is something you really want explain why and how it will prove to be useful and beneficial in the future as well as the long run.  They may have specific guidelines where the inqs do not allow for an approval I do not know criteria I appologize. 

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.