Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App itch strike again!!!

tag
tpmlls
New Contributor

App itch strike again!!!

Well I just applied for the Discover It card and was approved with a measly 1k limit, but I hear that they are good with CLI's, any truth to what I hear???  Also, my terms were not ideal, I have 3.99 Purchase APR for 6 mo instead of the 0%, but I really like the no FTF fees and the CSR's are amazing!

Thanks,

Wes

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
awdsmama
Established Contributor

Re: App itch strike again!!!

Aren't the CSRs so nice!?   I talked to a lady first initial "L" on Saturday who was in Salt Lake City and she was sooooo pleasant to speak with.

Congrats on your approval!

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 2 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tpmlls wrote:

Well I just applied for the Discover It card and was approved with a measly 1k limit, but I hear that they are good with CLI's, any truth to what I hear???  Also, my terms were not ideal, I have 3.99 Purchase APR for 6 mo instead of the 0%, but I really like the no FTF fees and the CSR's are amazing!

Thanks,

Wes

You got the same exact terms I did last march. They are good with CLI's IF your report is eligible (i.e low util / no recent baddies / not alot of recent INQ's/accounts)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 12
eviLution
Established Contributor

Don't the CSRs always sound like they love their job? They always sound so happy! Makes me wanna app for their job too! LOL

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@eviLution wrote:

Don't the CSRs always sound like they love their job? They always sound so happy! Makes me wanna app for their job too! LOL

Smiley Very Happy

They know how to keep it real too.......Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
tpmlls
New Contributor

I agree! Is it worth calling the recon department and try to get a higher limit? Is there such a number? The only reason I want a higher limit is because I would like to use this card more and my Capital One card has a 4K limit!!!! Any ideas?

Thanks for reading!

Message 6 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@tpmlls wrote:

I agree! Is it worth calling the recon department and try to get a higher limit? Is there such a number? The only reason I want a higher limit is because I would like to use this card more and my Capital One card has a 4K limit!!!! Any ideas?

Thanks for reading!

Discover: 888-676-3695       

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 12
flowfaster
Established Contributor

@tpmlls wrote:

Thanks for reading!

They won't do it, plain and simple.  They are going to tell you to wait 6 months.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 8 of 12
eviLution
Established Contributor

Yup, sometimes you might get lucky and get auto CLI in 2-3 months while you wait.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 9 of 12
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

I got my Discover More back in August and they auto CLI'd me this past weekend. I woke up to the email. Seems that they pretty much take care of it for you automatically as long as you keep your card active and in good standing along with your CR. They started me with a $1k limit too. That was when I had like one card reporting with a $5k limit. I guess that's just how they do.

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.