cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App now and garden some more or wait? Here's my situation...

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: App now and garden some more or wait? Here's my situation...

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

Well I decided for better or worse that if I was gonna get out my trowel and garden that I'd like to do it with 3 quality cards from 3 companies and since I had stuff about to hit my reports that would effect my scores I'd go ahead and try for a card to replace the Orchard Visa I just cancelled before my score dropped. With the inquiries lumped to together more or less they'll all fall off around the same time and I can grow little plastic flowers in the mean time. So I threw caution to the wind and apped for the Starwood. DENIED! Oh well. Doesn't hurt my feelings too bad since my first AMEX is only about 6 months old and they did give me a hefty CLI to 6k from 2k recently. So I figured I'd go Discover More for the points and since I hear great things and read good reviews. I apped from a pre-approval mailer they've been stuffing my mailbox with almost daily and was approved for 1.5k. So I'm pretty happy about that and I feel like I have 3 good cards to garden a while. Honestly it would be hard for me to milk the Starwood card for all the points but I'm planning on doing some traveling this fall/winter and thought it would help. I think I'll enjoy the Discover. Now I have 2 cash back cards with up to %5 back Smiley Happy See you in the garden!

CONGRATS!!!

I'd give the starwood another shot in january, your current AMEX will be close to a year old then.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 12
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: App now and garden some more or wait? Here's my situation...

@LS2982 wrote:

@Funk-O-Meter wrote:

Well I decided for better or worse that if I was gonna get out my trowel and garden that I'd like to do it with 3 quality cards from 3 companies and since I had stuff about to hit my reports that would effect my scores I'd go ahead and try for a card to replace the Orchard Visa I just cancelled before my score dropped. With the inquiries lumped to together more or less they'll all fall off around the same time and I can grow little plastic flowers in the mean time. So I threw caution to the wind and apped for the Starwood. DENIED! Oh well. Doesn't hurt my feelings too bad since my first AMEX is only about 6 months old and they did give me a hefty CLI to 6k from 2k recently. So I figured I'd go Discover More for the points and since I hear great things and read good reviews. I apped from a pre-approval mailer they've been stuffing my mailbox with almost daily and was approved for 1.5k. So I'm pretty happy about that and I feel like I have 3 good cards to garden a while. Honestly it would be hard for me to milk the Starwood card for all the points but I'm planning on doing some traveling this fall/winter and thought it would help. I think I'll enjoy the Discover. Now I have 2 cash back cards with up to %5 back Smiley Happy See you in the garden!

CONGRATS!!!

I'd give the starwood another shot in january, your current AMEX will be close to a year old then.

+1, And Congrats on your approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.