Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App now or wait

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: App now or wait

No, but school is starting next month and the card will greatly benefit me because of the 5% on gas, food, and books.

Message 11 of 14
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Sallie Mae is first on my list when I'm done gardening. I got my Discover in Jan and tried to apply for SM at the end of April and they denied me for not not having enough history (tried recon 3 times!). In May I got the Freedom and AMEX no problem. They pulled TransUnion for me and I think that is there go to for most. Most of my inquiries will fall off by mid Feb 2015 so I'm trying to hold strong until then!
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have another question.  I opened the account on Sept 2013,  would the 1 year mark be in September or August because on my credit report it shows a month for September.  So it goes Sept, Oct instead of Oct, Nov.

Message 13 of 14
nachoslibres
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have another question.  I opened the account on Sept 2013,  would the 1 year mark be in September or August because on my credit report it shows a month for September.  So it goes Sept, Oct instead of Oct, Nov.

It would be a year from when you opened the account - so September 2014.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.