Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App-o-rama assistance and order

tag
dabearsv2
Contributor

App-o-rama assistance and order

The time has come for an AOR! Help me make sure I get the right order of apps! (current lineup and scores in my sig, 1 baddie about to fall off on each account)

CSP

Barclay USAir

Citi Thank You Premier

I am also considering adding 2 of the following:

Barclay Arrival+ (instead of the Barclay USAir or both. I doubt I can get both with no Barclay history?)

BoA Alaska (to add BoA to the AoR party, not thrilled by the 25k offer+$100)

Chase United Explorer or BA

Citi AA Exec (took this out bc 60k offer isnt as sweet as 75/100)

US Bank Flex Perks (just to get in w/US Bank, as I eventually want the US Bank Cash+

Amex - but no good bonuses Smiley Sad

Thoughts?

Current Scores: TU 760, EX 718, EQ 726
Goal: 750 across the board!
My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
s73guy
Contributor

Re: App-o-rama assistance and order

@dabearsv2 wrote:

The time has come for an AOR! Help me make sure I get the right order of apps! (current lineup and scores in my sig, 1 baddie about to fall off on each account)

CSP

Barclay USAir

Citi Thank You Premier

I am also considering adding 2 of the following:

Barclay Arrival+ (instead of the Barclay USAir or both. I doubt I can get both with no Barclay history?)

BoA Alaska (to add BoA to the AoR party, not thrilled by the 25k offer+$100)

Chase United Explorer or BA

Citi AA Exec (took this out bc 60k offer isnt as sweet as 75/100)

US Bank Flex Perks (just to get in w/US Bank, as I eventually want the US Bank Cash+

Amex - but no good bonuses Smiley Sad

Thoughts on order?

Just my 2 cents on the Barclaycards.  I personally have both the Arrival (not plus) and the US Air MC.  I would choose the Arrival over the US Air card.  The miles you earn on the Arrival can be used on anything travel related, not just US Air only.  Also, when I used my US Air miles last the choices of flights were VERY limited to use miles on.  If you fly US Air all the time then I could see how it would be benefical.....not sure if the rewards will change when it becomes the American Airlines card.

I've heard Barclay is inquiry sensitive so depending on how many apps you do put theirs toward the front. 

Heard CSP is a really good card......Citi doesn't like me right now.  Maybe one day.  LOL

Good luck on your AOR!!

Capital One Venture: $30,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $10,000; PNC CashBuilder: $15,000; Chase Marriott Rewards: $10,000; Citi Double Cash: $9,400; Barclay Arrival World MasterCard: $11,150; USF FCU Rewards Visa Signature: $10,500; Suncoast CU Visa: $3,000; Discover It: $3,500; Nordstrom: $2,000; Kohl's: $2,500; Target: $600; Lowes: $6,900; Sams Club: $3,850; Evine: $3,000; HSN: $1,800; Paypal Credit: $4,350; Amazon Store: $5,400 --- EX: 726; EQ: 726; TU: 741

Message 2 of 10
dabearsv2
Contributor

I decided on the Barclay USAir for a few reasons. I use AA as my primary airline and I figure these points will come in handy for the merger. Also, I received a targeted 50k offer instead of the 40k offer floating around.

I initially wanted the Arrival, but I only want the + and not the No AF card. I'm a little worried with no Barclay history, a borderline fico score and a past baddie, that I will get stuck with the arrival, which I do not want.

@s73guy did you app for the USAir and Arrival at the same time?

My Wallet: CSP 23.8k, AMEX SPG 15k, AMEX BCP 12.9k, Barclay AAviator Red 10k, USBank Club Carlson 10k, BankAmericard Cash Rewards 10k, Citi Plat AA WEMC 7.9k, Chase Freedom 5k, Barclay AAviator Red v2 5k, Chase Hyatt 5k, Amex PRG
Message 3 of 10
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

I was denied for the Arrival + for a few reasons. 1) I did it a few days after my app spree so Barclays wasn't happy about the inquiries and 2) at the time, I had no $5000+ CL on my reports.

Then a few weeks later I got a pre-approval in the mail for US Air so I decided to apply and got the 7-10 day message. I called to recon and they said they couldn't approve me for their world MasterCard version because I had no $5000+ CL on my report but they could approve me for the lower tier card and a $1500 CL. I took it because I want to get in with Barclay. I'm currently just putting my rent on the card every month and paying it off and hoping that next year after 6 months history with this card and 6 months of all my $5000+ CL reporting in good standing, I can get the Arrival +

Good luck!

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 4 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would do USAir followed by citi AA instead of Thank you because id only get thank you for a BT

CSP, United back to back

Alaska

apply for cash+ if you don't get it they counter lower end

Message 5 of 10
dabearsv2
Contributor

Whats the low end USBank Cash+? Is it the Flex perks and do you get that sign up bonus?

I was thinking Citi TYP because I can utilize the 3x category, making it a little more useful? Also the Citi AA Exec card at 60k seems not as great and worth the app (maybe I am wrong?)

Message 6 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dabearsv2 wrote:

Whats the low end USBank Cash+? Is it the Flex perks and do you get that sign up bonus?

I was thinking Citi TYP because I can utilize the 3x category, making it a little more useful? Also the Citi AA Exec card at 60k seems not as great and worth the app (maybe I am wrong?)

im not to familiar with the usbank cash+ and what you get if not approved for that but i know they have a non sig offer.

i don't think the trade in value on your TYP are that good though that's why I leaned towards AA if you are big AA flyer and getting USAir for that reason.

Message 7 of 10
dabearsv2
Contributor

Good point. I can get the TYP later.

Barclay doesnt like too many inqs, but also doesnt like accounts after approval (or so I understand), so wouldnt this be better?

Citi AA Exec

Barclay USAir

CSP/Chase United

BoA Alaska

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dabearsv2 wrote:

Good point. I can get the TYP later.

Barclay doesnt like too many inqs, but also doesnt like accounts after approval (or so I understand), so wouldnt this be better?

Citi AA Exec

Barclay USAir

CSP/Chase United

BoA Alaska

Good chance that Barclay will be the only TU puller out of that list so wouldn't worry....

Message 9 of 10
s73guy
Contributor

@dabearsv2 wrote:

I decided on the Barclay USAir for a few reasons. I use AA as my primary airline and I figure these points will come in handy for the merger. Also, I received a targeted 50k offer instead of the 40k offer floating around.

I initially wanted the Arrival, but I only want the + and not the No AF card. I'm a little worried with no Barclay history, a borderline fico score and a past baddie, that I will get stuck with the arrival, which I do not want.

@s73guy did you app for the USAir and Arrival at the same time?

I apped for the Arrival first and then 6 months later I apped for the US Air.  I originally got a CL of $2,500 on the Arrival.  When I apped for the US Air they gave me a $4,000 CL.  After I had the US Air 6 months I asked them to flip the credit lines so I ended up with $4,000 on Arrival and the $2,500 on US Air.  

Capital One Venture: $30,000; Capital One Quicksilver: $10,000; PNC CashBuilder: $15,000; Chase Marriott Rewards: $10,000; Citi Double Cash: $9,400; Barclay Arrival World MasterCard: $11,150; USF FCU Rewards Visa Signature: $10,500; Suncoast CU Visa: $3,000; Discover It: $3,500; Nordstrom: $2,000; Kohl's: $2,500; Target: $600; Lowes: $6,900; Sams Club: $3,850; Evine: $3,000; HSN: $1,800; Paypal Credit: $4,350; Amazon Store: $5,400 --- EX: 726; EQ: 726; TU: 741

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.