Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

App or Wait on the CSP?

Hello all,

On October 24th, 5 of my 7 inquiries will age past the year mark. I recently got a CLI from $10,500 to $20,000 on my BCE. Will this CLI hurt my chances of getting the CSP or help? I plan to app for the CSP on 11/01/2013, so any advice or opinions will be appreciated. My stats are below. Thanks for any responses.

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps2390ab7f.jpg
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney

Re: App or Wait on the CSP?

indiolatino61 wrote:

Hello all,

On October 24th, 5 of my 7 inquiries will age past the year mark. I recently got a CLI from $10,500 to $20,000 on my BCE. Will this CLI hurt my chances of getting the CSP or help? I plan to app for the CSP on 11/01/2013, so any advice or opinions will be appreciated. My stats are below. Thanks for any responses.

If there have been no other apps for a year IMHO you should be good to go with a nice starting limit on the CSP

Good luck and happy hunting :smileywink:

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13

Frequent Contributor
Meltdownblitz

You should be good to go. That CLI on AMEX should help you with inital CL if anything. Its not like AMEX HPs for CLI, so it won't even show on your CR. Good luck and keep us updated!

Senior Contributor
B335is

Goodluck, I agree once that Amex $20k posts, will only help with your CSP starting limit. 

Valued Contributor
takeshi74

[ Edited ]

indiolatino61 wrote:

I recently got a CLI from $10,500 to $20,000 on my BCE. Will this CLI hurt my chances of getting the CSP or help?

It's really impossible to say.  Your approval isn't solely affected by the CLI on your BCE.  As always, it's your entire credit picture that matters -- not just a single variable on its own.   For one person, such a CLI could hurt.  For another, it could help.  For yet another it could make no difference.  Looking at your signature I'd guess that you'd be in good shape but that's just my opinion.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}