Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App spree fail after signing on new home

tag
rkb84
Contributor

App spree fail after signing on new home

Well I worked on my credit for a while, though I got a good but accomplished. Was able to close on my house on the 31st, and decided I should be good to get a few cards now finally to build up. Scores at time of apps

EX: 679

TU:670

EQ:657

First, Walmart.. apped in store and it said I had to call to complete app, I called to verify and they said declined with no reason, I would get a letter in 7-10.

Cap 1 Cash Rewards- 7-10 message, called and they asked some questions and asked I fax a copy of ID and a bill with address.

Then for the hell of it, I went for a Chase Freedom since with all these inquiries it will be over a year until I can get a new card anyways.. Said additional processing needed so I called backdoor #, they said it was declinced due to recent paid collection but I could get another manual review if I removed an Equifax security alert. I did that and called back, they requested the same info as Cap 1 and I faxed that, still wating on something.

I figured I was at the point where I coould at least get the Walmart and Cap 1, curretly I have a Cap 1 secured, am an Joint Cardmember on a Chase Slate, also have good years worth of on time payment on a car loan, and student loan. Kind off disappointed I guess I will need to wait a good bit for all the inquiries to drop first.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

Re: App spree fail after signing on new home

Im also surprised you didnt get the wal mart card. I was at 674 when I got my card and it was an instant approval. I also got my freedom the same day so hopefully that will pull through for you!

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 2 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

I know I am pretty bummed I was waiting all this time to get a few cards to do it right this time, plus I wanted to go get some furniture financed and am afraid it won't go through.

Message 3 of 18
rtw
Established Contributor

Hope it works out with Chase.

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 4 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rkb84 wrote:

Well I worked on my credit for a while, though I got a good but accomplished. Was able to close on my house on the 31st, and decided I should be good to get a few cards now finally to build up. Scores at time of apps

EX: 679

TU:670

EQ:657

First, Walmart.. apped in store and it said I had to call to complete app, I called to verify and they said declined with no reason, I would get a letter in 7-10.

Cap 1 Cash Rewards- 7-10 message, called and they asked some questions and asked I fax a copy of ID and a bill with address.

Then for the hell of it, I went for a Chase Freedom since with all these inquiries it will be over a year until I can get a new card anyways.. Said additional processing needed so I called backdoor #, they said it was declinced due to recent paid collection but I could get another manual review if I removed an Equifax security alert. I did that and called back, they requested the same info as Cap 1 and I faxed that, still wating on something.

I figured I was at the point where I coould at least get the Walmart and Cap 1, curretly I have a Cap 1 secured, am an Joint Cardmember on a Chase Slate, also have good years worth of on time payment on a car loan, and student loan. Kind off disappointed I guess I will need to wait a good bit for all the inquiries to drop first.

Sounds like you were approved for Freedom and for the Cap 1 card...

Congrats!    They wouldn't be having you fax stuff in without it being an approval... otherwise why bother right?

I was asked to fax a utility bill and my ID to Chase when I got the Chase Amazon card last year.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Yeah they actually did ask for a utility bill and ID, that's good to hear hopefully you are right! Should I call and follow up and let them know I faxed it?

Message 6 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@rkb84 wrote:

Yeah they actually did ask for a utility bill and ID, that's good to hear hopefully you are right! Should I call and follow up and let them know I faxed it?

my advice would be to give it like 3 days...  It is very slow for them to get things off the fax machine...   After the 3rd day you can call and ask about the status of your application

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 7 of 18
rkb84
Contributor

Thanks for the advice I will try that

Message 8 of 18
GangnamFICO
Valued Member

A bit of a coin flip with those scores but I think your rational for the timing and your execution is sound.  Good luck, time will be on your side.

Walmart TU Score 740
Chase Freedom($5000); CitiThankYou Preferred($5000); GEWM Discover($3500); Walmart Store($1300); AMEX Gold; AMEX BCE($6000); GE Discount Tire($1500); Mor Furniture ($4700);Cap1($750)
Message 9 of 18
natashahol
Valued Member

I had just closed on my house when I applied for Chase so my address was not verifiable. Chase asked for either a utility bill or copy of DL. It took forever for them to get it and update it.  I'll blame it on the holidays and possibly user error.  But once they received it I was approved. The first copy of my DL was not readable. Make sure when you fax the DL that you use a zoom option on your copier to make the license as big as possible  so that that the image and words are legible. Also if you have a special option to fax photos use it.  I think they got tired of me because I stalked the back door number.  It was worth it in the end though Don't be afraid to call, but do give it about three days first.. Good luck!

Starting Score:FICO EQ 620 TU Fako 595 EX FAKO 628
Current Score: Lender Pull 10/2012 EX 719, EQ 704, TU 690

BOA $8500 I CitiForward $6500 I Chase Freedom $3000 I Discover More $1500 I Kohls $1000 I Orchard Bank $400
App free since 12/8/2012.. holding out til 11/2013
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.